According to the ministry’s report, 16,325 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 62 out of 63 localities in the country with five localities seeing the highest numbers including Hanoi (2,955), Danang (924), Hung Yen (675), Binh Dinh (640), and Hai Phong (638). There were 53 imported cases confirmed the same day.
The new infections showed an increase of 682 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 11,178 infections found in the community.
As of Monday evening, 2,038,959 infections had been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April. Some localities that have recorded the highest number of patients include HCM City (511,461), Binh Duong (292,143), Dong Nai (99,339), Hanoi (91,182), and Tay Ninh (85,732). Vietnam has so far confirmed 68 Omicron-infected cases.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 2,045,290. The country now stands 28th among 224 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On January 17, an additional 20,172 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 1,747,462.
On Monday evening, a further 179 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 35,788. The high fatalities were reported in some localities including HCM City (12), An Giang (23), Ba Ria – Vung Tau (15), and Hanoi (14).
Vietnam on January 16 administered 897,167 doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The country has so far conducted over 168.96 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 72.43 million people having received two doses.
- More Windows PCs infected with NSA backdoor DoublePulsar
- Chicago Bears Beat NY Jets On Monday Night Football 27-19
- Cyber Monday 2016 Is Largest Online Sales Day In History With $3.39 Billion
- Kohl's Cyber Monday 2015 Sale Live With 20% Extra Off
- Sally Beauty confirms payment card data breach
- The Best Cyber Monday 2015 Deals On Toys
- Kohl's Cyber Monday 2014 Promo Code Sales Launched
- Kohl's Cyber Monday 2015 Sale Includes 20% Off Sitewide
- Sears Cyber Monday 2014 Deals Revealed
- Kohl's Cyber Monday 2014 Sale Announced
- Sears Cyber Monday Sale Launched
- AV-TEST Stands by Claims that Bing Shows More Malware-Infected Links than Google
- Kaspersky launches free Flashback removal tool and website to check for infections
- Internet Will Vanish Monday for 300,000 Infected Computers
- Adobe confirms Flash zero-day
- CDC Confirms First Case of Ebola in the United States [UPDATED]
- 19 Strategies To Manage Genital Herpes Symptoms And Reduce Outbreaks
- Crisis Malware Infects VMware Virtual Machines, Researchers Say
- Fungal infections: Types and treatment
- Mozilla Confirms Infected Firefox Add-Ons Slipped Through Security
Additional 16,378 Covid-19 infections confirmed on Monday have 394 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.