According to the ministry’s report, 14,934 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 62 out of 63 localities in the country with five localities seeing the highest numbers including Hanoi (2,967), Danang (984), Hai Phong (764), Hung Yen (629), and Thanh Hoa (489). There were 44 imported cases confirmed the same day.
The new infections showed a decrease of 724 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 10,324 infections found in the community.
As of Sunday evening, 2,134,788 infections had been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April. Some localities that have recorded the highest number of patients include HCM City (512,774), Binh Duong (292,492), Hanoi (108,627), Dong Nai (99,663), and Tay Ninh (87,131). Vietnam has so far confirmed 135 Omicron-infected cases.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 2,141,422. The country now stands 28th among 224 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On January 23, an additional 4,157 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 1,804,849.
On Sunday evening, a further 123 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 36,719. The high fatalities were reported in some localities including Hanoi (16), Dong Thap (10), Soc Trang (9), Can Tho (8 ), Tien Giang (7), and Vinh Long (7).
Vietnam on January 22 administered 1.33 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The country has so far conducted over 175.89 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 73.88 million people having received two doses.
- Police rule out connection between severed foot found on a path and missing 19-year-old Leah Croucher
- Measles outbreak plateau? New weekly US cases hover near 20, CDC report reveals
- Galaxy S10 release date, price and specs: FCC filing confirms WiFi 6, Snapdragon 855
- Second case of lung illness in King County linked to vaping
- Jesus Walks to the Desert on Easter Sunday: Kanye West Is Taking His Sunday Service to Coachella
- 22 Important Things To Do After Installing Linux Mint 19
- Kanye Sunday Service: Foolishness or For the Glory of God?
- How to Install Linux Mint 19 Tara?
- Dancing On Ice: Magician Ben Hanlin is the tenth celebrity confirmed to compete in series as he pulls skates out of a flat bag in announcement clip
- Edited Transcript of CNA earnings conference call or presentation 28-Oct-19 2:00pm GMT
- New strain of Strep A that is NINE TIMES more aggressive is 'behind the record-high number of cases of scarlet fever in England'
- Tamra Judge admits she's worried son, 19, will 'regret' HUGE new arm tattoo... but supports his decision to 'express' himself
- Best iPhone 11 cases: For iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max
- Moto G7 case leak confirms water-drop notch, headphone jack and more
- Mophie, Gear4 and more announce cases, screen protectors for S10 line
- FIFA 19’s Latest Update Fixes Overpowered Goal Shooting
- Bitcoin plunges to 19-month low as Bitcoin Cash chaos spooks investors
- Bitcoin plunges to 19-month low as crypto chaos spooks investors
- Justice Brett Kavanaugh Confirmed and Sworn In
- Cases of lung disease possibly linked to vaping continue to rise. This teen was given a 'second chance'
Additional 14,978 Covid-19 cases confirmed on Sunday have 504 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.