It is hoped that 2022 will be a more optimistic year for the tourism sector. A survey revealed that up to 80 percent of Vietnamese people said they are planning vacations to make up for what the COVID-19 pandemic has deprived them of, and 43 percent said they want to experience a lesser-known place, instead of the destinations too familiar to them.
It is also noteworthy that booking by tourists in Vietnam to share popular destinations is becoming a dominating trend.
Ethnic minority culture paradise
Up to 84 percent of Vietnamese tourists said they want to visit Meo Vac in Ha Giang province. It is a small but attractive valley in the northeast, surrounded by limestone mountains and inhabited by H'Mong and Ha Nhi ethnic groups, boasting a unique dish – thang co – cooked from the inner organs of cattle, of which 70 percent of Vietnamese tourists said they want to try during their 2022 tours.
For adventurers or photographers, their trip to Meo Vac can hardly be complete if they fail to conquer Ma Pi Leng pass by motorbike to enjoy the magnificent view of the mountains and the green Nho Que River sneaking its way among them, which is occasionally covered in clouds.
"Green ladder" for nature lovers
Boasting a diverse flora and fauna, Pu Luong in Thanh Hoa province is known far and wide for its natural beauty, with forests and terraced fields as well as the rich culture of hamlets of ethnic locals who settled there centuries ago.
It is popular among nature lovers who want to explore new lands. Pu Luong is home to attractive and ancient hamlets where visitors can learn how to make products of weaving, embroidery and wicker works.
Poetic inspiration from nature
An excellent feature of Pleiku city in Gia Lai province, the Central Highlands, is that it still keeps its pristine beauty and indigenous culture. Dubbed as a "green lung" of the region, it boasts rich forests and historical relics.
Lac Lake formed from a volcano is a must-visit destination for tourists, and they should not miss local food specialities such as crab noodles, grilled chicken and rice cooked in bamboo internodes when visiting Pleiku.
Jade hiding in sea paradise
When the name of the southern land Ba Ria – Vung Tau is mentioned, thoughts of beautiful beaches, windy hills and fresh seafood often flash in the mind of visitors. Many also wish to visit Thang Tam commune, which has a deep imprint on the heart due to its spiritual culture.
The Thang Tam communal house consists of three relics. It boasts ancient architecture with high cultural and historical value and is frequented by many who pray for good luck and peacefulness.
Only about two hours drive from Ho Chi Minh City, Tay Ninh is an excellent choice for a daylong trip for those in the country's biggest metropolis who seek to escape the hustle and bustle in their daily city life.
Tay Ninh is home to one of the most attractive indigenous religions in Vietnam – the Cao Dai – and the tallest mountains in the south of the country – the Ba Den Mountain. Those who have a passion for religious culture and architecture should not miss the Cao Dai Church in Tay Ninh.
Cam Ranh township, located next to the world-famous Nha Trang city in the south-central coastal province of Khanh Hoa, is a must-visit destination for those who wish to set foot on quiet and peaceful beaches.
Up to 87 percent of the surveyed Vietnamese tourists said their mood would immediately and positively change when they saw the sea.
Cam Ranh also boasts the largest buoy park in Vietnam, where visitors can enjoy an exciting experience with parachutes, sea dives and banana-shaped dinghy rides./.
- Foreigners grapple with stigma as Covid-19 drives Vietnamese avoidance
- Worry, stress and fears: Vietnamese in Spain struggle with Covid-19
- Da Nang gets linked to more Asian destinations for summer vacations
- Discrimination against foreign tourists would be punished: Government leader
- Thach Dong - popular tourist destination in Kien Giang
- Hot right now! Shopbop launches their innovative spring campaign revealing all the season's MUST-HAVE trends
- Tourist attractions close as industry tries to survive
- Ho Chi Minh City calls for tourist co-operation in fighting virus
- Varanasi's ghats, Hampi's attractions & Goa's iconic churches: Destinations which are every photographer's paradise
- Growing Trend - Destination Weddings
- Coronavirus – Vietnamese airline Vietjet say they’ll pay passengers £7k if they catch Covid 19 on one of their flights
- Vietnamese hospitality proactive in combating health crisis
- World sailing race to make stop in Rhode Island in 2022
- Inside NASA's 'space hotel': Padded walls and 'the largest window ever constructed for space' to feature in 'holiday unit' to accommodate the first commercial tourists visiting the ISS
- Vietnam remains safe for tourists despite coronavirus: Tourism authority
- Vietnamese airlines suspend int’l flights over COVID-19
- The Awl and the Hairpin’s Best Stories, Remembered by Their Writers
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 26
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 21
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 16
2022 destination selection trend of Vietnamese tourists have 859 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 7, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.