The index closed nearly seven points higher after losing over 22 points in the last three sessions.
Trading value on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), on which the index is based, plunged 22.7 percent to VND26.59 trillion ($1.17 billion), the lowest in six sessions.
The VN30 basket, comprising the 30 largest capped stocks, saw 19 tickers in the green, led by TPB of private TPBank with a ceiling increase of 7 percent.
This is a recovery from three session in the red. The ticker has gained 180 percent this year.
HDB of HDBank rose 4.9 percent, but saw trading volume plunge 36 percent from the average of the past 10 sessions.
POW of electricity producer Petrovietnam Power Corporation rose 3.7 percent to a near two-week high.
NVL of real estate developer Novaland Group gained 3.6 percent to a near five-month high after going sideways since July.
Ten blue chip tickers ended in the red, with VHM of real estate giant Vinhomes dropping 2 percent.
VJC of budget airline Vietjet fell 2 percent to the lowest since Aug. 20.
Foreign investors were net sellers for the sixth straight session to the tune of VND1.07 billion, with focus on VHM and VIC of biggest private conglomerate Vingroup.
The HNX-Index for stocks on the Hanoi Stock Exchange, home to mid and small caps, closed 0.49 percent lower while the UPCoM-Index for the Unlisted Public Companies Market gained 0.42 percent.
- VN-Index rises slightly on manufacturing stocks
- VN-Index dips after two gaining sessions
- VN-Index rebounds, approaching peak
- VN-Index hits another historic milestone
- VN-Index surpasses historic 1,500-point milestone
- VN-Index increases to historic peaks, gold nears VND61 million per tael
- VN-Index hits another new peak
- VN-Index surpasses 1,480 benchmark
- VN-Index rebounds after three sessions in red
- VN-Index slips with surging trade value
- VN-Index drops near historic peak
- VN-Index slips from new peak
- VN-Index hits new high at week’s beginning
- VN-Index starts week with another new peak
- VN-Index posts 3rd straight plunge
- Energy stocks drive VN-Index up
- Shares extend gains, VN-Index hits 1,500 points
- Shares gain slightly on petroleum stocks
- Shares gain on the rise of securities, real estate stocks
- Market rises on back of bank stocks
VN-Index rises slightly after three sessions in red have 324 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.