VinFast Vietnam is working with consultants and the world's leading investment banks to prepare for its IPO in the U.S. stock market in the second half of next year, eyeing a $60 billion valuation with expectation to raise at least $3 billion, according to Reuters .
If the IPO plan goes well, the automaker will become the first Vietnamese enterprise to list on the world's biggest bourse.
Vingroup's Board of Directors has approved the transfer of the entire stake (51.52 percent) in Vietnam-based VinFast Manufacturing and Trading Company (VinFast Vietnam) to Singapore-based VinFast Trading and Investment Company (VinFast Singapore).
After this restructuring, Vingroup and existing shareholders of VinFast Vietnam will directly own 100 percent of stakes in VinFast Singapore and indirectly own 99.9 percent of stake in VinFast Vietnam.
In November, VinFast Vietnam inaugurated its U.S. headquarters in California, and launched two electric cars at the Los Angeles Auto Show 2021, showcasing its aim to become a global automaker with particular focus on electric vehicles.
VinFast Vietnam has branches in Canada, France, Germany and the Netherlands. In November, it signed a memorandum of understanding withFrench multinational electric utility company EDF on facilitating the establishment and operation of public charging stations and relevant services in France.
In a separate statement to Reuters , Vingroup said it was targeting global electric vehicle sales of 42,000 units next year, up from its previous plan of 15,000.
- Wayback Burgers plans IPO so it can expand
- Uber seeks to avoid self-driving car court trial with rival
- Uber's self-driving car ambitions live another day
- Traffic impact issue in Concord Pike campus plan
- Why that flat Facebook IPO isn't so bad after all
- Facebook faces lawsuit over IPO: reports
- Two years after IPO, General Motors posts over $16 billion in profits
- Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin likely to be banned from United States: experts
- Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin gives up U.S. citizenship before making billions from IPO
- Facebook has outage less than a day after filing paperwork for IPO
- Line, the Facebook of Japan, plans to launch Siri like digital assistant
- 1 dead, 19 injured as car hits crowd after a 'Unite the Right' rally in Charlottesville; driver in custody
- Toyota shrinks plans for eQ electric car, will only sell around 100 in U.S. and Japan
- China sets target for electric car quota, but delays rollout
- Tesla Model 3: Should you buy Elon Musk's first mass-market electric car?
- Travel: Exotic car garages are car lovers' dream
- Tesla executive Elon Musk thinks Obama win will mean more electric cars, would back $10K tax credit plan
- Report: GM may kill Chevy Volt, Sonic and four other cars
- From the BMW i8 to the Lamborghini Cabrera to the Infiniti Q30: Top 10 cars to watch at the Frankfurt Auto Show
- NJ seeks to overhaul car emissions testing
Vingroup plans US IPO for car unit Vinfast have 443 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.