Vietnamese State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc met with Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin in Moscow on Wednesday as part of the framework of his official visit to Russia from November 29 to December 2.
During their talks, PM Mishustin stated that President Phuc's official visit is of great significance to the relationship between Vietnam and Russia.
The Russian premier praised the outcomes of the talks between President Phuc and President Vladimir Putin one day earlier, as well as the joint statement on the vision of the Vietnam-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership by 2030, which was issued following the meeting of the two presidents.
Phuc affirmed that the Vietnamese Party and state are appreciative of Russian assistance to Vietnam in both the past and the present, and attach importance to their comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia.
Vietnam considers Russia a leading partner in its foreign policy, he added.
The two leaders discussed measures to bolster ties in multiple fields, especially in economic matters.
They expressed their appreciation for the expansion of trade and investment cooperation despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
Both sides agreed to facilitate bilateral trade by utilizing free trade agreements and encouraging the implementation of large investment projects in such areas as industry, agriculture, and infrastructure.
Cooperation in energy and oil and gas, one of the key pillars in the two countries' comprehensive strategic partnership, must be maintained and expanded, they said.
President Phuc and PM Mishustin also consented to orientations and measures to boost collaboration in the fields of education-training, science-technology, culture, tourism, and people-to-people exchange.
They agreed on enhancing cooperation in COVID-19 vaccine and drug production between the two nations.
- Bust of late President Ho Chi Minh inaugurated in Russian city
- Vietnamese Ambassador to US bids farewell to local officials, friends
- Trump discusses ‘Russian Hoax’ in long call with Putin
- US: Flynn described efforts to interfere with cooperation
- Vice President’s continued activities during Laos visit
- More Vietnamese students learn in Australia
- Top Vietnamese legislator wishes for stronger parliamentary ties with Laos
- Russia: Putin, Trump discussed referendum in Ukraine
- Obama's Day, March 8: Meeting with President of Ghana
- National Security Adviser Michael Flynn Resigns After Revelation He Lied About Talks With Russian Ambassador
- A president who demands loyalty finds it fleeting in DC
- Interview: Co-Creator Leslye Headland Thinks 'Russian Doll' Is A Ghost Story With A Twist
- Trump’s lawyer pleads guilty, implicates president
- Watch Merkel And Chinese Premier Test Drive VW's Autonomous SEDRIC Concept
- Trump, Others Dispute Book's Description of Unhinged President
- When Trump Met Putin: It still favours the US to do things multilaterally, albeit in a new manner
- Trump-Putin meet: India must get US exemptions for Russia dealings
- Mind And Heart: For boost in India-Vietnam economic ties, the two must go beyond strategic imperatives
- An Important Cog: An India-Vietnam-Taiwan axis could add to the multipolarity narrative in the Indo-Pacific
- ‘PM Abe says a strong India is beneficial for Japan … security and strategic relations are rapidly catching up’
Vietnamese president discusses bilateral cooperation with Russian premier have 488 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.