Speaking at the plenary debate, the head of the Vietnamese delegation affirmed that Vietnam is fully aware that the building of democracy must be based on the will of the people and the strength of the national great solidarity, in order to build a law-governed socialist state of the people, by the people and for the people.
In the fight against COVID-19, the country follows the policy of combating the pandemic and protecting people's health while maintaining socio-economic development, carrying out policies that support firms and people to surmount difficulties and ensuring social welfare.
The N.A. has promptly approved proposals of the Government regarding budget and COVID-19 prevention and control measures, he added.
The Vietnamese head delegate put forward recommendations on bolstering cooperation and mitigating risks triggered by current challenges, such as consolidating peace, security, stability and cooperation at the global, regional and national levels, and strengthening cooperation on digital transformation and information technology application.
He called on countries' parliaments to step up law building and keep a close watch on policy implementation; support the development of parliamentary diplomacy and enhancement of the role and mission of the IPU; and promote cooperation mechanisms between the IPU, the United Nations, international organizations, and regional parliamentary organizations and members.
Members of the Vietnamese delegations attended and contributed opinions at meetings of the Committees on Peace and International Security, Sustainable Development, Democracy and Human Rights, and U.N. Affairs; the Forum of Women Parliamentarians; and the Association of Secretaries General of Parliaments (ASGP).
On the occasion, Ha discussed Vietnam's cooperation in the IPU with the President and Secretary General of the IPU, and engaged in meetings with leaders of delegations from Peru, South Sudan, Russia, the U.K., Cuba, Cambodia, India and Italy.
- Defence Minister to attend China-ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Informal Meeting and Xiangshan Forum
- IPU members called on to realise sustainable development goals
- Vietnamese PM's remarks at opening ceremony of 36th ASEAN Summit
- Senior officials for ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community meet online
- AIPA advisory council meets to reinforce co-operation in drug fight
- FG pledges support as Nigeria bids to host global youth assembly
- APC NEC meeting: Nigerians deserve apology now– PDP blasts Presidency
- Edo has neither House of Assembly nor Speaker — Idahagbon, ex-Attorney General
- Autonomy for State Legislatures, Judiciary: Buhari, Govs meet in Aso Rock
- Vietnam PM shares experience in fighting COVID-19 at 73rd World Health Assembly
- Meeting held to discuss preparations for upcoming ADSOM+
- Edo: Buhari wades in, receives Obaseki, to meet Oshiomhole
- General Department of Logistics hails preparations of units for Army Games 2020
- AIPA advisory council meets to reinforce cooperation in drug fight
- Vietnamese artists receive top French cultural honor
- Scandal related RT-PCR COVID-19 testing machines brought to light
- AIPA ready to join hands with ASEAN to build sustainable community
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 28
- ASEAN Leaders’ Interface with Representatives of AIPA a success: Official
- Bearing witness to historic Paris peace talks
Vietnamese delegation attends 143rd IPU General Assembly, related meetings have 473 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 7, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.