Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnamese officials and expats living all around the world gathered in a workshop held on December 4 to discuss ways to connect skilled and intellectual expats with the country's innovation ecosystem.
The hybrid event was hosted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)' State Commission for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs (SCOV) in collaboration with the Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST)'s National Agency for Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialisation Development and Office of Project 844.
It aimed to encourage overseas Vietnamese who are IT experts and intellectuals to put forward recommendations and initiatives in using technology and developing a startup and innovation ecosystem for Vietnam to boost recovery and sustainable economic development.
It also provided a platform for local authorities and organisations to speak about the kinds of support they need for promoting entrepreneurship and innovation; and for the expats to share practices and give their advice on developing incentives and supports for overseas Vietnamese to engage in the startup and innovation ecosystem in the country.
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Quang Hieu reiterated Vietnam's consistent policy of encouraging and facilitating overseas Vietnamese to make active contributions to developing and safeguarding the nation.
Hieu said SCOV will serve as a bridge to engage Vietnamese experts and intellectuals living in foreign countries in science and technology activities and the startup and innovation ecosystem in the country, via the network of associations of intellectual expats supporting innovation and technology commercialisation newly established under the patronage of the MFA and MoST.
He expressed his hope that through the network, Vietnam ese policymakers can receive feedback from expats on issues they are facing when joining the country's startup and innovation ecosystem./.
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 27 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 29
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 29 (updated hourly)
- Minister promises to support startups at Vietnam Venture Summit
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 18
- Virus disruptions create opportunities for investment in innovation
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 22 (updated hourly)
- Disruptions from COVID-19 create opportunities for investment in innovation
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 22
- Digitalisation to give motivation for enterprises’ development: Deputy PM
- Vietnam Venture Summit 2020 to take place this week
- Digital forms to future-proof Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 25 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 16
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 14
- Vietnam – a magnet for foreign investors: Russian expert
- 2020 innovation, startup week opens in HCM City
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 19 (updated hourly)
- Vietnam, UK issue joint declaration on strategic partnership
- Overseas Vietnamese: Inseparable part of Vietnam
Vietnam wishes to better engage expats in developing innovation ecosystem have 430 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.