Vietnam will make best efforts to ensure a safe and flexible adaptation to the pandemic as this is essential for the country to set a momentum for higher growth next year.
There should be a detailed plan to ensure adults aged 18 and over are fully vaccinated by mid-December, along with ongoing efforts to provide jabs for children over 12.
|Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh at the meeting. Source: VNA|
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh gave the remarks at a monthly government meeting held today [December 2], noting vaccination remains a key solution to control the pandemic.
"Government agencies are tasked with drafting a plan to administer a booster shot for the people," Chinh said, stressing the necessity to accelerate the production of home-grown vaccines and also their import.
Along with a vaccination drive for children, Chinh said preparation is needed to reopen schools and meet demands for the Covid-19 fight in a new situation.
In boosting economic growth during the remainder of the year, Chinh expected a push for public investment and further reform in administrative procedures to improve the business environment for the greater convenience of the people and businesses.
Chinh called for government agencies to soon finalize a draft proposal for the Covid-19 response and in socio-economic recovery.
At the meeting, Vice Minister of Planning and Investment Tran Quoc Phuong suggested Vietnam's socio-economic situation is improving thanks to the reopening of the economy and resumption of supply chains.
The country's index of industrial production in November expanded by 5.5% against the previous month, and a 3.6% increase for the 11-month period.
Meanwhile, the number of newly-established enterprises also rose by 44.6% during the last month, and the figure of those resuming operations went up by 15.2%.
"This showed the effectiveness of Government's supporting programs for businesses and people affected by the pandemic," Phuong added.
According to Phuong, the economy has gradually adapted to the new normal with the majority of economic sectors returning to full operation.
Phuong, however, said the severe Covid-19 impacts continue to put the economy under pressure, for which there should be plans to respond to any situation of emergency.
"Vietnam stands firm in ensuring safe and flexible adaptation to the pandemic so that the country would put up strong economic performance from now to the end of the year," Phuong said.
- Operation Warp Speed chief says first Americans could be given Pfizer vaccine as early as December 11 - and life could go back to normal by May with up to 70% of people immunized
- Germany to start COVID-19 vaccinations by mid-December
- Coronavirus vaccine update: US likely to get COVID-19 vaccine by mid-December -- when can India expect it?
- CDC predicts coronavirus deaths may reach up to 321,000 by mid-December
- Pfizer Covid vaccine is now 95% effective and could get sign off ‘within days’ for mid-December roll out
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 27 (updated hourly)
- Another Covid vaccine breakthrough as Moderna reveals its jab is 94.5% effective - making it BETTER than Pfizer's (but the UK hasn't bought any...)
- Coronavirus vaccinations could be under way for ALL adults by the end of January after the most vulnerable get jabs next month, leaked NHS plans show
- Don't bank on Oxford's Covid vaccine before Christmas: Scientists warn final results won't come for weeks as trial finds jab that Britain has ordered 100million doses of is safe and provokes an immune response in over-55s
- Everyone in Britain will have Covid vaccine by April, leaked docs reveal
- Freedom for Christmas: Several families could be allowed to meet for up to a week in December in relaxation of Covid rules - despite scientists warning Boris Johnson it will 'throw fuel on the fire' of the pandemic
- Pfizer files for emergency authorization from the FDA for its COVID-19 vaccine so it can be approved for December roll-out
- When and how will COVID-19 vaccines become available?
- COVID-19 vaccines: When and how will it become available; explained
- Explained: When and how will Covid-19 vaccines become available around the world?
- Moderna claims its COVID -19 vaccine is 94.5% effective, here's what experts think
- Matt Hancock asks UK regulator to approve Pfizer Covid vaccine so jabs can be rolled out ‘next month’
- Prisoners should jump the coronavirus vaccine queue and get the jab AHEAD of 60-year-olds, scientists say
- COVID Vaccines Won't Be Mandatory for Tennessee Schoolchildren Says Governor, 'Vaccines Are a Choice'
- Oxford Covid vaccine’s 90% effectiveness is down to LUCK after a mistake in trials – and millions MORE could get doses
Vietnam to complete vaccination program for adults by mid-December: PM have 734 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.