Police in Vietnam solved more than 25,000 drug-related crimes across the country from January to November, with more than 37,000 suspects arrested.
The anti-narcotic police division under the Ministry of Public Security organized a press meeting in Hanoi on Wednesday to review their missions in 2021.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, drug-related crimes in Vietnam, as well as in the region and the world, remained serious and unpredictable, as criminals have been using new methods and technologies to avoid getting caught, said Major General Nguyen Van Vien, head of the anti-drug police division.
|Major General Nguyen Van Vien, head of the anti-narcotic police division under the Ministry of Public Security, speaks at a press meeting on December 1, 2021. Photo: Than Hoang / Tuoi Tre|
Between January and November this year, officers detected over 25,000 drug-related crimes across the country, arresting over 37,000 suspects and confiscating 596 kilograms of heroin and 2.4 metric tons of synthetic drugs.
Police also seized 67 military guns, seven grenades, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition belonging to drug trafficking rings.
The majority of narcotics in these cases were transported into Vietnam from abroad before being distributed in the country or taken to another nation, Vien elaborated.
|Weapons belonging to a drug ring are confiscated by officers in this supplied photo.|
In one of the serious cases, police in Ho Chi Minh City and southern Tay Ninh Province broke up a large-scale drug ring on November 8, confiscating nearly 40 kilograms of narcotics of various types.
The racket began operating in 2020 by trading and transporting drugs from Cambodia into Vietnam's Tay Ninh Province before distributing them in Ho Chi Minh City.
The ring was led by Tran Huynh Vu, 28, a gambling addict who had established a business connection with a drug dealer in Cambodia.
- Indiana Town Pleads for More Police Officers After Rise in Crime: 'We're Scrambling'
- Abolishing the Police is Not as Extreme as It Sounds. Here is How it Would Work | Opinion
- Wallingford Police Charge Teens With DUI, Drug Possession
- Cheshire Teens Charged With DUI, Drug Possession After Crash
- Laos is a missing link in Asia's fight against organized crime
- Fears 5 murder-suicides of frail couples were work of serial killer still at large as 11 crime scene clues revealed
- 3 Men Ran Malvern Sex Crime Ring Involving Teens: DA
- Police worker sought 'gossip' about organised crime member and shared with boyfriend
- Alleged hitman for Baton Rouge drug trafficking group arrested in 2008 cold case homicide
- Undercover policeman posing as a Romanian farm worker helped take down a county lines drug network flooding towns with heroin
- Scotland Yard re-bail senior Tory MP arrested on suspicion of raping a House of Commons researcher until November
- Bodycam video shows police mock Muslim homeless man and 'kneel on neck' before he died
- Designer drugs! Moment police officer discovers £5 MILLION of cocaine in 45 blocks branded with Gucci logo after unscrewing secret panel in back of van
- Police issue warning over dangerously strong ‘Donald Trump’ shaped ecstasy pills containing ‘extremely high’ levels of MDMA
- One more COVID-19 patient dies with many underlying conditions in Vietnam
- NYPD creates Asian Hate Crime Task Force after spike in anti-Asian attacks during Covid-19 pandemic
- 18 new COVID-19 cases reported, one illegally enters Vietnam
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 19
- Police Uncover More Information In Recent Burglary Arrests
- Chicago Prosecutor Kim Foxx: 42 Charged with Felonies Related to Looting Spree
Vietnam police detect over 25,000 drug-related crimes in January-November have 548 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.