Vietnam's Ministry of Health recorded 14,558 additional coronavirus infections on Monday, alongside 1,130 recoveries and 223 fatalities.
The latest cases, including 33 imported and 14,591 domestic transmissions, were logged in 59 provinces and cities, the ministry said, noting that 8,227 patients caught the pathogen in the community.
Can Tho City documented 1,189of the latest infections, Ho Chi Minh City 1,174, Tay Ninh Province 859, Soc Trang Province 793, Ben Tre Province 699, Dong Thap Province 695, Hanoi 587, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 569, Binh Thuan Province 485, Khanh Hoa Province 461, Dong Nai Province 308, Binh Duong Province 226, Lam Dong Province 207, Hai Phong City 154, Da Nang 125, Thua Thien-Hue Province 61, and Quang Nam Province 60.
Vietnam had announced 14,312 locally-acquired infections on Sunday.
The country has found 1,318,381 community transmissions in all its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave erupted on April 27. A combined 1,007,590 of them have recovered from COVID-19.
Ho Chi Minh City has been the largest hotbed with 479,483 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 284,489, Dong Nai Province with 89,822, Long An Province with 38,727, Tay Ninh Province with 33,342, Tien Giang Province with 26,074, Dong Thap Province with 25,857, An Giang Province with 24,974, Can Tho City with 24,001, Binh Thuan Province with 20,241, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 18,929, Khanh Hoa Province with 15,982, Hanoi with 13,679, and Da Nang with 6,629.
Vietnam detected only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry confirmed 1,130 recovered patients on Monday, lifting the total to 1,010,407.
The toll has mounted to 26,483 mortalities after the ministry logged 223 deaths on the same day, including 94 in Ho Chi Minh City, 20 in Long An Province, 18 in Can Tho City, 15 in An Giang Province, 14 in Dong Nai Province, and the remaining in 17 other provinces and cities.
Vietnam has documented 1,323,683 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first struck it early last year.
Health workers have administered close to 128 million vaccine doses, including 396,664 shots on Sunday, since vaccination was rolled out nationwide on March 8.
More than 73.3 million of the country's 98 million people have received at least one dose while over 54.4 million are now fully immunized.
Vietnam aims to fully inoculate 100 percent of its adult population this year. Many provinces and cities are immunizing children aged 12-17 against COVID-19, using Pfizer-BioNTech shots.
- Vietnam records eight new Covid-19 cases on Friday, tally reaches 1,339
- Vietnam records no new COVID-19 cases on Oct. 3 morning
- Vietnam records eight new Covid-19 imported cases
- Vietnam reports no new COVID-19 cases on October 23
- Vietnam announces 25 new COVID-19 cases imported from Russia, Japan, Qatar
- Vietnam records five imported COVID-19 infections
- Philippines logs 1,738 new COVID-19 infections, number of cases "stable"
- Maharashtra Police reports 253 new COVID-19 infections among its personnel
- Malaysia reports 660 new COVID-19 infections, total cases pass 50,000 mark
- Vietnam records 25 new COVID-19 cases, 1,281 in total
- Vietnam records 2 new COVID-19 cases, 1,283 in total
- Vietnam records 4 new COVID-19 cases, 1,304 in total
- Vietnam records 1 new COVID-19 case, 1,305 in total
- Vietnam records 1 new COVID-19 case, 1,307 in total
- Vietnam records 5 new COVID-19 cases, 1,312 in total
- Vietnam records 10 new COVID-19 cases, 1,331 in total
- Vietnam records 2 new COVID-19 cases, 1,343 in total
- Philippines logs 1,148 new COVID-19 infections, lowest in over 10 days
- France registers 22,882 new COVID-19 infections, hospitalizations drop further
- HKSAR officials call for vigilance as new COVID-19 infections hit new high
Vietnam confirms 14,558 new COVID-19 infections, 223 virus-associated deaths have 512 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.