The Ministry of Health confirmed 13,698 new COVID-19 infections throughout Vietnam on Thursday, alongside 13,258 recoveries and 210 deaths.
The latest cases, including 21 imported and 13,677 domestic transmissions, were reported in 60 provinces and cities, the ministry said, noting that 7,538 patients caught the pathogen in the community.
Ho Chi Minh City registered 1,738 of the latest infections, Can Tho City 985, Tay Ninh Province 768, Soc Trang Province 747, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 637, Dong Thap Province 606, Binh Thuan Province 502, Hanoi 499, Dong Nai Province 475, Binh Duong Province 414, Khanh Hoa Province 394, Lam Dong Province 197, Thua Thien-Hue Province 143, Da Nang 82, Quang Nam Province 66, Hai Phong City 37, and Quang Ninh Province 16.
Vietnam had recorded 14,506 locally-acquired infections on Wednesday.
The country has detected 1,261,035 community transmissions in all its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave erupted on April 27. A combined 1,002,493 of them have recovered from COVID-19.
Ho Chi Minh City has been the largest epicenter with 473,871 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 283,287, Dong Nai Province with 88,230, Long An Province with 38,331, Tay Ninh Province with 30,125, Tien Giang Province with 25,206, An Giang Province with 23,675, Dong Thap Province with 23,240, Can Tho City with 19,700, Binh Thuan Province with 17,901, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 16,470, Khanh Hoa Province with 14,139, Hanoi with 11,446, and Da Nang with 6,203.
Vietnam logged only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry confirmed 13,258 recovered patients on Thursday, bringing the total to 1,005,310.
The toll has climbed to 25,658 mortalities after the ministry documented 210 deaths on the same day, including 80 in Ho Chi Minh City, 23 in Dong Nai Province, 16 in Can Tho City, 14 in An Giang Province, and the remaining in 18 other provinces and cities.
Vietnam has announced 1,266,288 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first struck it early last year.
Health workers have given more than 125 million vaccine doses, including 1,714,026 shots on Wednesday, since inoculation was rolled out nationwide on March 8.
Over 72.4 million of the country's 98 million people have got at least one dose while upwards of 52.7 million are now fully vaccinated.
Vietnam aims to fully inoculate 100 percent of its adult population this year. Many provinces and cities are immunizing children aged 12-17 against COVID-19, using Pfizer-BioNTech shots.
- Dota Underlords patch notes analysis [Update #210]
- Bad Company 2 Vietnam, Echochrome II hit PSN
- Dota 2 15th December Patch - Content Analysis
- The 25 best FPS games to play right now
- Hollow Knight Bosses Locations Guide
- Dota Underlords patch notes analysis [August Update]
- Area 51 Preview
- After Burner: Black Falcon Aircraft Spotlight
- Prototype 2: Militant Priests, Lukewarm Rage, and Missing Science Projects
- Dota 2's 6.78 patch is live, is massive and gamechanging
- Battefield: Conquest vs Rush vs Issues
- Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg Donates $25 Million To The Fight Against Ebola
- Tim Stone’s favourite games of 2017
- Metal Gear Survive Review In Progress: A Harsh But Compelling Experience
- Wot I Think: Miasmata
- 5 Things The Division 2 does better than Anthem
- The Flare Path: Nukes And Rebukes
- Making it in Unreal - bottling the horror in Apocalypse Now: The Game
- Far Cry's villains are sick of Far Cry
- Exapunks is a difficult and satisfying hack ‘em up
Vietnam adds 13,698 coronavirus infections, 210 fatalities have 494 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.