HÀ NỘI — More than 20 tonnes of canned lychee from Việt Nam has hit the shelves of supermarkets in France for the first time, according to the trade office of Việt Nam in the European country.
This is also the first time canned fruit from Việt Nam has been sold at a retail chain in France.
The lychee was imported by Tang Frères, the largest retail system, importer, and wholesale distributor of Asian food in France.
Vietnamese Ambassador to France Đinh Toàn Thắng said this is a significant success opening up a new development direction for Vietnamese fruit in France and the EU.
He noted although Việt Nam has many businesses strong in producing canned fruit, only a modest volume of such product has been imported into France. Given this, the country still has much room for boosting the export of this product, and businesses should fully capitalise on opportunities, thus helping reduce pressure on the sale of fresh fruit in harvest seasons and prove Vietnamese firms' capacity of ensuring stable fruit supply.
Vũ Anh Sơn, who is in charge of the trade office in France, said via the French partner, Vietnamese goods can access local consumers, professional clients such as restaurants, stores, and small supermarkets in remote areas, as well as hypermarkets in the country.
The EU – Việt Nam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) has proved highly useful for Việt Nam in expanding markets for its exports. Many foreign distribution networks are also planning to increase the presence of Vietnamese goods in their systems, according to the official. — VNS
- Conservatory graduate goes traditional
- Việt Nam opposes China's disruption of oil and gas activities
- Co.op Food opens four new stores, reaching over 400 points of sale
- French delegation thinks Ngon Garden is tres bien
- New Peugeot manufacturing plant debuts in Quang Nam
- Dollar milk: The numbers, the dairy processors, and the supermarket deals preventing change
- From farm to supermarket: Strawberries bear big fruit for couple
- Tesco’s boss Dave Lewis quits the supermarket as three top bosses announce plans to step down
- Coca-Cola is launching a posh version of Coke that you can mix with vodka and rum
- Barneys New York’s store-closing sale: What you need to know before you go
- Three-bed terrace in Birmingham goes on sale for £1 – but it’s a ‘house of horrors’ on the inside
- World's most opulent homes go on display at Europe's exclusive luxury property show - including a 17-bedroom French chateaux and a £25.7MILLION ocean-front home in New York
- M&S has a massive 90% off sale including children’s school uniforms with prices starting from 89p
- Best deals in biggest autumn sales for 16 YEARS as High Street stores slash prices by 80% in desperate bid for customers
- Tesco unveils Christmas food to order range for 2019 that goes on sale very soon
- Christmas menus from Pret, Starbucks, Costa and EAT are now on sale to perk up your lunch break
- You can now get spooky pumpkin spice bagels – and they’re £1 in Asda
- Velux issues a safety warning over fears roof windows can implode
- Greggs’ Christmas menu including festive bake and pigs in blankets goes on sale tomorrow
- How many high-end hotels can Napa Valley handle?
Việt Nam’s canned lychee goes on sale at French supermarkets have 538 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.