Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam-US economic and trade ties have reaped great achievements, contributing to practically deepening the comprehensive partnership between the two countries, heard a forum in Hanoi on December 7.
The official cited statistics as showing that two-way trade increased from 450 million USD in 1995 when the two countries established their diplomatic relations, to 90.8 billion USD last year.
As of October 2021, the figure reached 89,6 billion USD, and the US has maintained its position as Vietnam's biggest trade partner and biggest importer, he said.
Meanwhile, Vietnam is now the 9th biggest trade partner of the US, jumping five places from 2020.
For investment, as of October, the US had ranked 11th among 138 countries and territories investing in Vietnam , with 1,134 projects worth 9.72 billion USD.
Most of US giants like Exxon Mobil, Murphy Oil, Chevron, Boeing, Ford, Intel, Wal-Mart, Nike, Amazon and P&G have been present in Vietnam, he said, noting that many of them held that Vietnam would become an ideal, important and safe investment destination of the global supply chain.
Chargé d’Affaires at the US Embassy in Vietnam Marie Damour said the US pledges to help Vietnam achieve its climate change targets and handling issues in this field, thus ensuring the country's dynamic economic development.
The US also wants to introduce new enterprises to cooperate and invest in the medical sector in Vietnam, she said, adding that the US will partner with the Southeast Asian country in technological development.
Minister Counselor Bui Huy Son, Head of the Vietnam Trade Office in the US, suggested Vietnamese businesses quickly stabilise production to ensure goods supply to the US as the country is facing a disruption in supply chains and goods shortages due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Participants at the forum proposed solutions to boost trade between the two countries in the new normal.
The forum was jointly held by the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade, the American Chamber of Commerce in Hanoi, and the US-ASEAN Business Council./.
- Viet Nam-US trade ties enjoy 'spectacular' growth
- Vietnam-US trade ties enjoy “spectacular” growth
- Việt Nam-US trade ties enjoy 'spectacular' growth
- Vietnam - Russia partnership keeps developing dynamically: FMs
- Contour joins forces with Tinhvan to boost trade finance digitisation in Vietnam
- Piyush Goyal urges U.S. firms to push for trade agreement
- Vietnam reaches agreement with US on illegal timber control
- India, US can aim for $1 trillion trade in next 10 years: Piyush Goyal
- Piyush Goyal presses for U.S.-India trade, economic partnership
- Vietnam seeks Russia's support in vaccine production technology transfer
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 27
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 5
- 10 years of Vietnam-Germany strategic partnership: momentum for next decades
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 11
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 9
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 4
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 7
- Commitments made for expansion of Russian ties
Trade ties contribute to deepening Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership: forum have 517 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.