HÀ NỘI — Chairman of the Lao National Assembly Saysomphone Phomvihane will take part in an official visit to Việt Nam from December 6-8 at the invitation of his Vietnamese counterpart Vương Đình Huệ, the National Assembly Committee for External Relations announced on Saturday.
This is the first foreign trip by Saysomphone since he became Chairman of the Lao National Assembly.
The visit takes place amid the context of the great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between the two Parties as the two countries continue developing.
The relationship between the two National Assemblies continue to be promoted and implemented effectively, contributing to the development of ties. The two sides have maintained exchanges of high-ranking delegations and experience and cooperated closely at regional and international forums.
During the visit, the two sides will discuss orientations and measures to enhance cooperation in the future; and share experience in the implementation of NA’s fuctions in law making, supervision and decision relating to important matters of the country.
Việt Nam and Laos set up diplomatic ties in 1962.
Regarding economic cooperation, Việt Nam is currently one of the three biggest investors in Laos. In the first five months of 2021, two-way trade turnover reached US$570 million inspite of the COVID-19 pandemic, a year-on-year increase of 25 per cent. — VNS
- PM Phuc to visit to Singapore, attend ASEAN Summit next week
- Vietnamese Embassy in Laos honoured with Labour Order
- Luang Prabang: Laos' golden city
- Review: Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai (Vietnam)
- Vice President of India to visit Vietnam, attend UN Day of Vesak
- Tourists may pay tolls to drive San Francisco crooked street
- Vietnamese willing to pay to enjoy World Cup in Russia
- Politburo member Vo Van Thuong pays visit to Morocco
- State, organisations join hands to ensure a happy Tet for all
- Government News 18/11
- Social News 16/4
- Social News In Brief 15/5
- ITEHCMC 2017 - The Mekong's largest and most successful travel event
- Party chief holds talks with Cuban President
- ASEAN Tourism Forum takes place 16-20 January 2017 in Singapore
- My Big Adventure 18 Countries In 4 Months
- Tourism to drive the economy of ASEAN countries
- PM active on sidelines of ACMECS 8, CLMV 9
- UW-Madison sex harassment cases result in over $500,000 in settlement payments
- PM meets Russian State Duma Chairman
Top legislator of Laos to pay official visit to Việt Nam have 370 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.