The fourth session of the 10th tenure of People’s Council of HCMC opens on December 7. (Photo: SGGP)
The meeting will focus on discussing about resolutions of the development of economy, urban areas, culture and society in the 2021-2025 period; public investment plan in 2022; policies supporting tuition fees for students of public high schools and kindergartens in the academic year 2021-2022; regulations of urban architectural management.
At the conference, Chairwoman of the HCMC People’s Council Nguyen Thi Le emphasized that deputies need to discuss and reach consensus on important decisions and policies in healthcare, education and training, state budget allocation, seeking measures ensuring social security and orders, encouraging investment and economic development, improving the quality of people’s lives.
Chairwoman of the HCMC People's Council Nguyen Thi Le speaks at the conference. (Photo: SGGP)
Speaking at the event, Vice Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Le Hoa Binh said that HCMC has set out 19 specific goals, including achieving the Gross Regional Domestic Product (GRDP) growth of 6-6.5 percent, creating jobs for 140,000 people, reducing unemployment rate by four percent, reaching the rate of workers having certificates of qualification to work of 86.05 percent.
Vice Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Le Hoa Binh
HCMC's socio-economic development plan from 2021 to 2025 will be divided into two phases.
In the first stage from now until 2022, the city has remedied effects of pandemic, disrupted supply and production chains; supported businesses impacted by Covid-19 to resume trade and production activities; created jobs; implemented social security and cultural-social activities under strict safety measures.
In the second phase from 2023 to 2025, the city will continuously put the pandemic under control and solve obstacles impeding its fast and sustainable development. HCMC will mobilize all resources to promote the city's strong points and develop it into a center for economy and finance; a trade and shopping center; a regional logistic center; a tourism center; a center for creativity and innovation, science and technology; a center for high quality healthcare services, education in the country and region.
Secretary of the HCMC Party Committee Nguyen Van Nen (4th, L) presents Certificates of Merit of the Prime Minister to outstanding individuals and organizations.
The municipal authorities plan to launch HCMC's theme for 2022 is "Safe, flexible adaptation to and effective control of the Covid-19 pandemic".
The city will pay attention to boosting construction progress and putting into operation main projects; improving the quality of human resources associated with the development of science, technology, innovation and creativity; strengthening e-commercial, digital transformation, digital economy and building smart city.
The People's Committee of HCMC has also proposed key missions and solutions that will be carried out in 2022, such as implementing the "safe, flexible adaptation to and effective control of Covid-19" program, supporting enterprises to resume their operation; kicking off economic development programs in the fields of services, industry, agriculture; enhancing the quality of the building for urban administration; improving investment environment and accompanying enterprises to overcome difficulties.
Chairman of the HCMC People’s Committee Phan Van Mai (R) talks with deputies at the conference.
Chairwoman of the HCMC People's Council Nguyen Thi Le (C) and deputies attend in the fourth session of the 10th People’s Council of HCMC.
By Van Minh, Manh Hoa – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Sarri will need flexibility to keep Chelsea competitive
- Do the digital heating controls over-complicate our Renault Grand Scenic?
- England seize control at the Oval as Virat Kohli falls in flurry of evening wickets
- Would you fly in a 1,100MPH jet with NO front window? Pilots controlling NASA's 'silent' supersonic plane dubbed the ‘son of concord’ will use cameras and a 4K TV screen to navigate the skies
- Shift Control
- 2018-19 NBA Schedule: Win-Loss Predictions for Every Team
- New or Used: Avoiding The Trampoline Effect
- Projecting Top 10 Breakout Players During 2018-19 NBA Season
- Feds: Data Gathering and Sharing Will Be Key to Safe Adoption of Self-Driving Cars
- GM China partners Safe Kids Worldwide to drive vehicle safety awareness
- NBA Metrics 101: Ranking Every Starting Backcourt for 2018-19 Season
- 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite Review – Innovative, Safe, Luxurious, and Powerful Eight-Seater; Yours for $48,000
- Renault Launches Lodgy MPV In India, Priced From Rs. 8.19 Lakhs [Live]
- Volkswagen India to set up centralised traffic control centre at Pune Police headquarters
- MLS Week 25: Philly, D.C. take control of Eastern Conference playoff race
- NY to LA. 26 Hours. 28 Minutes. With A GT-R-Powered, Dual-Control Infiniti Q50.
- The Effect Of Speed Limits On Actual Travel Speeds
- American Roads Safer Than Ever… But How Safe Is Safe Enough?
- NBA Stars Ready for Career Years in 2018-19
- Sporting News' NBA Top 100: Ranking basketball's best players (1-19)
Theme for 2022: Safe, flexible adaptation to and effective control of Covid-19 have 771 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.