The Australian-based Study Melbourne on Wednesday formally opened an educational center in Ho Chi Minh City, which is the fourth of its kind in the world, offering a vibrant and friendly space with opportunities to experience Melbourne.
Located in District 3, the Study Melbourne Hub Ho Chi Minh City spans an area of 320 square meters, providing a maximum capacity of 150 people.
The center has classrooms, meeting rooms, and equipment to support students in participating in online learning and in connecting with services and study programs of educational institutions from the Australian state of Victoria.
The inauguration of the Study Melbourne Hub Ho Chi Minh City added a fourth center of its kind to the global network of the educational space, after the ones in China and Malaysia, as well as a virtual version in India, according to the Study Melbourne website.
Speaking at the opening ceremony on Wednesday, Commissioner for Victoria to Southeast Asia Rebecca Hall said that some 120,000 international students, including about 6,400 Vietnamese, are now studying at Victoria's educational establishments.
Many of them, due to the COVID-19 epidemic, have to take online courses from home, she added.
Nguyen Manh Cuong, deputy director of the Ministry of Science and Technology's southern department, said education and science-technology are key cooperation areas in the Vietnam – Australia strategic partnership, as confirmed by the prime ministers and ministers of the two countries during their phone calls and conferences taking place in 2021, the Vietnam News Agency reported.
The nations shared long-standing collaboration in these sectors, with Victoria-based universities and research institutes making a significant contribution to consolidating and expanding the ties.
The operation of the new hub will help Vietnamese students attending courses hosted by Victorian and Australian education providers better their study and improve their capacity, Cuong said.
- Foreign tourists overcharged by xich lo drivers in Ho Chi Minh City, again
- Hanoi honours outstanding businesses following Uncle Ho’s teachings
- VIETWATER and RE & EE Vietnam 2017 open in HCM City
- Sixth session of 14th National Assembly opens
- Chilling Facebook post by rapper, 20, hours after he ‘raped and murdered’ Israeli student Aiia Maasarwe, 21, in Melbourne
- Inside the city centre building which helps people change their lives
- Youth charity sets up new Stratford Centre hub
- Sister tells of horrifying final FaceTime call with Aiia Maasarwe moments before her ‘rape and murder’ in Melbourne
- These 10 facts prove London is still open for business
- Yıldırım to transform Istanbul into hub for culture, green spaces
- Exhibition of Georgian artist opens at YARAT [PHOTO]
- City set to offer free sanitary products
- New WOG CAFE opens in Boryspil Airport
- Harnessing a digital future
- Connecting banks with enterprises in Northern key economic region
- Fifth working day of Party Central Committee’s 11th session
- Prime Minister commits support to Samsung Vietnam
- APEC 2019 opportunity to show commitment to multilatelarism: Chilean officials
- Portugal close in on Euro 2020 with home win
- Roundup: Humanitarian situation worsens in northern Syria amid Turkish operation against Kurdish forces
Study Melbourne Hub opens in Ho Chi Minh City have 491 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.