Ottawa (VNA) – Canada is a promising market for Vietnam's aquatic products, according to the Vietnam Trade Office in Canada.
According to a Health Canada survey, Canada’s per capita seafood consumption is 270 CAD (210.9 USD) per year for about 9.14kg per person per year.
With a population of nearly 38 million and a policy of welcoming about 400 thousand immigrants a year, the demand for seafood of Canadians is continuously increasing.
Statistics of Canada Customs show that Canada's import of aquatic products increases by 7 percent each year with a turnover of 4.2 billion CAD in 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic broke out.
The Vietnam Trade Office in Canada said that room for Vietnam 's seafood exports to Canada remains large as the country's total export to this market is valued at around 300 million CAD yearly.
As Vietnamese products have a fierce competition with those from the US, India, Thailand and China, Vietnamese exporters should study thoroughly and have specific strategy to access the choosy but stable market, according to the Vietnam Trade Office in Canada ./.
- Vietnam’s seafood exports to EU predicted to down 20 percent
- Việt Nam needs solutions promoting sustainable seafood exports to the EU: experts
- Viet Nam needs solutions promoting sustainable seafood exports to the EU: experts
- Vietnam’s export products merely account for 2 percent of European market share
- Tra fish exporters should remain calm amid China’s control of imported frozen food
- Vietnam needs seafood solutions
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 19
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 22
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 17
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 29
- Vietnam firms warned of growing trade probes
- Exporters advised to further tap into European market
- Export revenue in nine months picks up despite pandemic
- Vietnam emerges as sole economic winner in Southeast Asia: Nikkei Asia
- Agricultural exports to US market need support of overseas Vietnamese companies
- Vietnam's economic recovery forecast to be on track
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 15
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 28 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 18
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 22 (updated hourly)
Room for Vietnam’s seafood exports to Canada remains large have 329 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.