It offers over 10,000 key necessities through a close-ended 'Farm-Factory-Hub-Door' process.
Goods are selected from qualified farms and factories (Farm-Factory) and transported to and stored in ideal temperature conditions at a specialised warehouse system (Hub).
There they are checked, screened and packed, and delivered by staff to customers (Door).
A Grove Fresh spokesperson said for each order placed on www.gmarket24h.com, customers would be given a unique code, and they could use it at the smart automatic warehouse to pick up their goods if they want.
Customers can also shop in stores without making direct contact with staff by using pre-arranged instruction boards and an online-connected screen.
Nguyen Thanh Nhan, general director of Grove Fresh Group, said four tonnes of many essential items such as meat, fish, eggs, rice, fruits, and vegetables are sold every day.
Since the fourth COVID-19 outbreak began in April, Grove Fresh Group has partnered with the city to supply goods.
It is expected that in mid-January it will launch a 24/7 vending machine to serve customers for Tet (Lunar New Year).
Companies are focusing on investing in infrastructure and technology for non-cash payments, especially electronic payments, with improved quality, meeting the increasing demands of consumers.
The prolonged lockdowns that kept people at home and the fear of contracting COVID-19 have accelerated consumers' preference for digital transactions.
According to the surveys, 67 percent of consumers said they would like to use contactless payments wherever applicable.
Besides, financial institutions have been competing to develop the best digital platforms for customers through apps that are secure, user-friendly and fully integrated.
Nguyen Anh Duc, general director of Saigon Co.op, said the rate of cashless payment at Co.opmart, Co.opXtra, Co.op Food, and Co.op Smile increased sharply in recent years to nearly 21 percent last year.
It targets 30 percent within three to four years, he said.
Saigon Co.op has been collaborating with various companies to deploy a series of new payment services and applications based on tech platforms that offer more convenience to customers shopping at its over 800 stores, he added.
Multiple factors have caused this surge in cashless payments including the impact of telecommunications, which has eliminated the "strangeness" consumers used to feel about cashless payments, and the COVID-19 pandemic, which acted as a catalyst.
Others include the improved infrastructure for connecting retailers and payment service providers and legal mechanisms to protect customers, which has increased their trust in the safety of digital payments.
AppotaPay forecast the cashless payment market would grow strongly in the next three to five years, with mobile money and e-wallets becoming key to expanding non-cash payments.
A recent report by the Government said cashless payments topped 36.28 quadrillion VND (1.6 billion USD) in the first nine months of this year, including 13.5 quadrillion VND via mobile phones, the latter representing a 93.69 percent increase.
The growth was led by digital wallets, contactless payments and QR code payments.
Contactless cards led the way in the food and dining category, with 67 percent of consumers using them in 2020 for bill payments (71 percent), retail shopping (58 percent) and supermarket shopping (57 percent).
Vietnamese consumers have quickly adopted new ways of paying that do not involve physical contact such as tapping to pay./.
- How to Invest Your Money Like a Professional
- The Trend is Your Friend When Choosing Stocks and a Home-Based Business
- The Melt-Down is Coming to Retail Main Street - Are You Ready?
- Lucrative Investments in Retail - A Guide to Selling the Things You Love
- Investing - Your Ace in the Hole
- Buying New Homes For 77 Cents on Today's Retail Amount?
- 11 Things You Want in Real Estate Investment Software
- Build Your Real Estate Kingdom - Be a Landlord With High-Equity, Free and Clear Property Investments
- Three Steps to Foreclosure Investing
- Turning Property Into a Rental Investment
- 5 Secrets to Successful Investing in Today's Economy
- Lucrative Investments That Really Pay Off - 3 Ideas For Savvy Investors
- A Capital Investment Winner - Real Estate
- A $20,000 Investment Secret That Will Make You Rich - Investing in the Diamond Industry
- Real Estate Investing - Bidding to Win!
- How to Find the Right Property Investments
- Real Estate Investing - What You Need to Know
- 6 Dreadful Mistakes to Avoid With Real Estate Investing For Beginners and Savvy Investors
- Your Home As an Investment - Are You Getting the Most Out of It?
- Investing in Panama
Retailers invest in tech as contactless payments become a trend have 790 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 8, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.