The mountain orange has entered the harvest season in the central Vietnamese province of Quang Nam, bringing joy to local residents as the fruit can be sold at good prices.
Growing at an altitude of 1,200 meters, mountain oranges are considered the specialty of the mountainous commune of Gary.
The orange trees are mainly found in Ating, Arooi, and Glao Villages, which are located along the Vietnam-Laos border.
|Residents put mountain oranges into baskets before the fruits are transported to other localities in Vietnam for sale. Photo: Tuoi Tre|
The Gary mountain oranges often have a dark yellow color, thick skin, strong aroma, and succulent flesh when they are ripe.
The fruits have a distinctive sweet flavor mixed with slight sourness.
Local residents do not know much about the origin of the mountain orange trees, as they had already been here before people came to settle in this remote area.
|A woman smiles, carrying a basket filled with mountain oranges in Gary Commune, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam. Photo: Tuoi Tre|
The trees only enter the harvest season once a year between November and December.
This year's season brings a lot of joy and hope to local residents as the fruits have been transported to Tam Ky City in Quang Nam Province and neighboring Da Nang for sale.
The mountain oranges have become quite a hit among consumers who prefer clean and organic products.
The fruits have thus generated a decent income for residents in the mountainous locality.
|Residents put mountain oranges in baskets before the fruits are transported to other localities in Vietnam for sale. Photo: Tuoi Tre|
|Mountain oranges are loaded onto a truck in Gary Commune, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam. Photo: Tuoi Tre|
|Traders purchase mountain oranges in Gary Commune, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam. Photo: Tuoi Tre|
|Local children pose for a photo with mountain oranges in Gary Commune, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam. Photo: Tuoi Tre|
- Grading the Miami Hurricanes entering 2018 season
- High expectations? Miami Hurricanes could go 12-0 and and still have a mountain to climb
- College football's greatest teams: The best season from every ACC program
- College basketball rankings: The top 100 (and one) best players for the 2018-19 season
- College football's greatest teams: The best season from all 14 SEC programs
- College football's greatest teams: The best season from every Big 12 program
- Football: Healthy Los Gatos team enters a rivalry game
- Here are 68 thoughts and predictions to get you excited for the 2018-19 college basketball season
- Here are 37 preposterously plausible (and crazy) predictions for the 2018-19 college basketball season
- Picking the best college football team in each state entering the 2018 season
- And In That Corner … The Pittsburgh Panthers, owners of two top-5 upsets the last two seasons
- Scott D. Pierce: Ute bowl ratings are decent, plus a look at Utah, BYU, USU regular-season ratings
- A Weekend Escapade in Our Four Seasons 2017 Infiniti QX30 Sport
- 2 vs 1: Our Four Seasons BMW M2 Travels to the Carolinas to Meet its Predecessor
- How far can Heisman hopeful Will Grier take West Virginia?
- Halloween Event Guide 2019: Oceanside, S.D.
- Trips to southern orchards popular in summer for urbanites
- From top to bottom, how college football's conferences stack up
- 2018-19 college basketball rankings: Why Villanova has slipped out of the top 5 of the Top 25 (and one)
- Why the Fresno-Roosevelt Little Big Game is important. A look at other rivalry games
Mountain oranges enter harvest season in central Vietnam have 560 words, post on vietnamlife.tuoitrenews.vn at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.