The Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MB) and Shinsei Bank on December 2, 2021 signed an agreement on the establishment of a commercial joint venture bank in Cambodia.
Under this agreement, after obtaining the approval by the relevant state agency for establishing a commercial bank in Cambodia with a minimum charter capital of US$75 million, MB will transfer up to 49% of its shares in this bank to a strategic partner and launch Vietnam’s first joint venture bank abroad.
MB is known for its rich experiences in successfully developing digital banking in Vietnam, as well as its solid business foundation and remarkable market understanding during 10 years of operating banking activities in Cambodia as a branch.
Shinsei Bank, Ltd. (Shinsei Bank), which has more than 50 years of banking experience in Japan, has gained outstanding achievements in retail banking and consumer finance. Hence, the joint venture bank that is built on the collaboration of these two financial groups is expected to become a leading digital – retail bank in Cambodia.
To realize that goal, both parties agreed to invest substantially and systematically in resources and nominate high-quality personnel to build outstanding business strategies, models and solutions in order to get ready to enter the dynamic financial and banking market in Cambodia.
MB and Shinsei Bank have gained experiences in successfully implementing a joint venture at MB Shinsei Finance Limited Liability Company (Mcredit). After 5 years of cooperation, Mcredit is currently a consumer finance company in Top 4 of outstanding loans in Vietnam, with ROE performance of being up to about 30 per cent.
The joint venture between MB and Shinsei Bank in Cambodia marks a milestone in the cooperative relationship between the two financial groups of Vietnam and Japan. Moreover, the joint venture in a third country – Cambodia – demonstrates the two groups' willingness for a long-term cooperation with each other.
This also indicates MB's strategic vision and great expectations to gradually improve position and foster business development of MB Group in Asia.
- Korean investors ‘play big’ in Vietnam’s finance & banking market
- Schneider Electric IT and Hai Nam sign strategic partnership
- Japan, China, RoK enhance banking cooperation with ASEAN
- India-US strategic partnership witnesses rapid growth in 2019
- Stocks in the news: YES Bank, Reliance Industries, CG Power, Piramal Enterprises and NTPC
- 'We Need a Leap Forward': Putin Adresses Rally Amid Projected Landslide Win
- Banking leak exposes Russian network with link to Prince Charles
- Stocks in the news: YES Bank, IndiGo, DHFL, Vodafone Idea & United Spirits
- Mapping disputed areas like West Bank challenges Apple, Google
- In strategic Djibouti, a microcosm of China's growing foothold in Africa
- Cambodia's economy to slow down next year if EU withdraws trade preferences: IMF
- Yearender: China, Senegal continue to deepen comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership in 2019
- China always lends a helping hand to its partners
- In South-East Asia, Grab and Gojek bring banking to the masses
- World's biggest building project aims to make China great again
- China, Senegal continue to deepen comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership in 2019
- Nutanix bets big on govt clients, defence projects after Nasdaq debut
- Elisabeth Moss, Tyra Banks, and More on What Has Changed in Hollywood Post-#MeToo
- Slither Pals Elizabeth Banks & James Gunn Reunite for New Horror Movie
- U.S. and Russia Back Nuclear Projects on Opposite Sides of Red Sea as They Fight for Influence
MB names its strategic partner for banking project in Cambodia have 532 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.