Over the past days, high tides and big waves have caused serious landslides on the eastern coast of Pho Truong village. Especially at 19:00 on December 5, big waves caused landslides nearly 10 meters inland, with a length of more than 300 meters. Moreover, thousands of cubic meters of soil and rock were washed away into the sea, worrying the locals.
In the face of landslides threatening the lives and property of the locals, the Quang Ngai provincial Military Command directed its affiliate at the city level to deploy 50 troops to undertake the embankment task.
The troops joined local forces to reinforce the dyke with sand bags and other on-site materials.
Recent landslides affected four households with 15 members. They could threaten the lives of 29 local households with 143 members if no action was taken.
Translated by Mai Huong
- High tides submerge several areas across HCM City
- High tide causes disorder to the daily lives of residents in HCM City
- Southern region suffers from high tide peaking
- River tides reach flood warning level 3 in HCM City, Mekong Delta
- The Cost of Local Government in Philadelphia
- Northeast High Player "Completely Brain Dead," Organs to be Donated
- China Quietly Doubles Troop Levels in Hong Kong, Envoys Say
- Millions in investment will help Louisiana workers, families and communities
- Macron hopes Trump relationship can help make France great again
- King Tide causing record flooding in coastal South Florida
- Sisters sell t-shirts to help families of explosion victims
- Trump began the week tweeting about the border. Now he's sending troops.
- PM directs landslide prevention in Mekong Delta
- Rising Rock: Earth's Crust Has Its Own Tides, Too
- Syringe exchanges help reduce rates of HIV, CDC says
- Official: 2018's Red Tide May Be Helping 2019's Blue-Green Algae Grow
- Mekong Delta needs urgent measures to prevent drought, saline-intrusion
- Can 50 U.S. troops in Syria make a difference?
- With red tide gone, the beach is firing up
- How Health Care Payers Can Help Stem the Opioid Crisis
Local troops help reinforce dyke to prevent high tides have 305 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at December 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.