Hanoi (VNA) – The number of deaths from the eruption of Mount Semeru volcano in Indonesia rose to 34, according to the country's disaster agency latest report on December 7.
Another 17 are still missing.
Abdul Muhari, the spokesman for the disaster mitigation agency, said the disaster forced nearly 3,700 people to evacuate and damaged nearly 3,000 houses and 38 schools.
Ash spewed from the volcano blanketed Lumajang district in East Java , causing serious air pollution. Residents were advised to stay 5km from the volcano.
Rescue work was made difficult by the pyroclastic flow and rains.
- Death toll from New Zealand volcano eruption rises to eight
- Virus death toll in China rises as US prepares evacuation
- Morning digest: Coronavirus death toll in China rises to 54; Padma Vibhushan for Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley; and more
- Fifth Case of Coronavirus Is Confirmed in the United States as Death Toll in China Rises to 80
- Coronavirus death toll in China rises as US prepares evacuation
- Coronavirus death toll in China rises, Hong Kong Disneyland closed, US to evacuate some citizens
- Death toll in Indonesia quake rises to 164
- New Zealand's White Island volcano disaster death toll rises to 20 as two missing people confirmed dead
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 304 in China while first reported death outside China
- Coronavirus: Death toll in China climbs to 25 with 830 confirmed cases, millions under lockdown
- Coronavirus epidemic: Death toll climbs to 80 in China with 2,744 confirmed cases
- Russia closes its eastern border as killer coronavirus spreads to EVERY region of China: Death toll jumps to 170 and almost 8,300 people have caught the deadly SARS-like infection worldwide
- China's isolation continues as coronavirus death toll reaches 259 and World Health Organisation warns other countries to prepare for 'outbreak control' if disease spreads
- 700 died at Nazi concentration camps on the Channel's 'Adolf Island': Death toll at Channel Island Nazi camps doubles after forensic archaeologist finds unmarked mass graves
- Oil falls as virus death toll climbs, U.S. inventories rise
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 41 in China, 11 including 7 from Kerala under watch in India
- Death toll from fire at troubled Oakland building rises to four
- Oil falls as coronavirus death toll climbs, US inventories rise
- NSW bushfire death toll rises to 25 after body found inside burnt-out home near Moruya
- Coronavirus: Death toll climbs to 106 in China, 24 deaths in Hubei province overnight
Indonesia: Death toll in volcano eruption rises, many remain missing have 410 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.