Chairing the event, Vice Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Duong Anh Duc said Vietnam and HCM City in particular are switching to safely, flexibly and effectively coping with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Together with other localities, HCM City suggested the Government resume commercial flights to facilitate trade and tourism activities, contributing to economic development, he said.
Leaders of the municipal departments and agencies shared the city's economic development orientations, including specific anti-pandemic measures for foreign visitors, a road-map to welcoming foreign tourists to the city, and priority programs for the city's economic development in the new normal.
The event was part of the Press Tour Ho Chi Minh City 2021 co-organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the municipal People's Committee from December 1-5.
It was one of the activities to revive the city's socio-economic development and tourism in particular, including popularizing HCM City as a safe destination to international markets as well as drawing investment in tourism, culture, education and economy.
- Ho Chi Minh City leaders congratulate Laotians on Bunpimay festival
- Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi facing large-scale disruption in office for lease
- Works near completion for test run of Ho Chi Minh City’s first metro line
- Ho Chi Minh City sign South Korean midfielder amid injury crisis
- Foreign man caught with cannabis in downtown Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes plan to control motorbike exhaust in 2018
- Lecturer falls to death from 14th floor in Ho Chi Minh City
- COVID-19: British pilot still makes no improvement in Ho Chi Minh City hospital
- Ho Chi Minh City begins screening factory workers to prevent COVID-19 transmission
- Nearly 2,500 fined for failure to wear face masks in Ho Chi Minh City
- Summer Camp: Young expats visit late President Ho Chi Minh’s homeland
- Empire City leaders vow to kick off 88-storey tower
- 'We're all trapped now': Wuhan residents say they have ALL been left to catch China's deadly coronavirus as city orders total lockdown – as country reports 41 people have died and more than 1,200 infected
- British, Other Western Leaders Talk of Coronavirus 'Reckoning' With Beijing
- City Leaders Are in Love With Density but Most City Dwellers Disagree
- HCM City’s tax revenues fall well short of target
- Real estate supply, demand in HCM City decrease amid COVID-19 outbreak
- HCM City’s private firm pays highest Tet bonus of 855 million VND
- Investment in HCM City’s export processing, industrial zones up 86 percent
- Vietnam clamps down on traffic violators after reported spike in accidents during COVID-19 pandemic
Ho Chi Minh City's leaders talk with foreign cultural officers, reporters have 411 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 4, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.