HCM CITY — The annual HCM City Travel Fair will for the first time be held virtually from December 4 to 25 after COVID-19 caused the cancellation of its usual summer schedule, according to the city Department of Tourism.
It would be held on the websites of the fair, the department at www.visithcmc.vn, e-commerce site Shopee, and Traveloka app, Lê Trương Hiền Hòa, deputy director of the department, said.
The festival, with the theme 'Safe destinations- Fantastic itineraries' this year and organised jointly with the HCM City Tourism Association, is aimed at reviving tourism as the country seeks to safely adapt to COVID.
It will have more than 100 stalls put up by travel and tourism businesses and the tourism sectors of 27 cities and provinces, offering local travel products at discounted prices.
Nguyễn Thị Khánh, chairwoman of the HCM City Tourism Association, said travel firms would offer attractive discounts to revive demand after the COVID-related travel restrictions.
“People are eager to travel again to relieve the mental strain caused by months of restrictions and travel bans, and so demand is high,” she said. —VNS
- Alternative Travel Plans: The Online Exchange Adventure
- Manchester City’s plan for global domination
- Travelers to Set Sail on New Wikivoyage
- Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs has a plan to bring order to the mobility chaos in our cities
- The advent of self-defending smart cities
- Dying to Know Uber's Secrets, Data-Hungry Cities Get Creative
- As Shared Scooters Invade, Cities Must Decide Whose Vehicles Belong Where
- Online Sales Tax Would Benefit Amazon More Than Anyone Else
- This electric multicopter will take to the skies in Dubai later this year
- '2001 A Space Odyssey' 50 Years On: Q&A with Computer Scientist Stephen Wolfram
- 2017: A year in photographs on The Verge
- IT Hiccups of the Week: IRS Exposes Up to 100 000 Social Security Numbers Online
- Houston should rightfully be called the weirdest big city in Texas
- The best new games of 2018: everything you should play this year
- Smart travelers don’t need smart luggage yet, but we haven’t lost hope
- Business travelers, Airbnb is about to make it easier to find a workspace
- How Artsy finally convinced galleries to sell art online
- Zunum Aero’s Hybrid Electric Airplane Aims To Rejuvenate Regional Travel
- Nothing Is Faster Than Green Travel
- Online Voting Isn’t as Flawed as You Think—Just Ask Estonia
HCM City Travel Fair to be held online this year have 391 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.