The Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee has decided to provide additional and booster shots of Covid-19 vaccine to local people from December 10.
According to a plan issued on December 7 by the committee’s vice chairman, Duong Anh Duc, the third Covid-19 vaccine shots will be given to 6.3 million people from December 10 in an effort to boost their immunity against the virus.
The city will administer the booster shots to people aged above 18 who are fully vaccinated or receive the additional shot at least six months. The priority will be given to people aged over 50, those suffering from underlying health issues, people who require long-term care at health facilities, and medical workers, especially those directly involved in collecting samples for Covid-19 testing and treating Covid-19 patients.
Meanwhile, additional Covid-19 shots will first go to the adults (from 18 years old) who have been fully inoculated with the last shot of the normal course at least 28 days and are immunocompromised. Priority will be given to those aged over 60.
Ho Chi Minh City is still the biggest Covid-19 epicentre in Vietnam, which is reporting a resurgence in the number of infections after a short time easing social distancing measures. On Tuesday the city recorded 965 new cases, raising the total number of infections in the city to 480,448.
- Colorado finally shedding its reputation as a laggard in childhood vaccination rates
- 19-year-old dies 2 days after hit-and-run crash in League City
- WHO gets approval to use Ebola vaccine in Democratic Republic of Congo
- In opioid epidemic, some cities strain to afford OD antidote
- A Fresno group is taking the city to court. They’ve filed a lawsuit over Measure P
- City punished for taking down two Confederate statutes
- Preview: Kansas City Wizards vs. D.C. United
- Decision Expected About Cops Who Fatally Shot Stephon Clark
- Controversial 'Save Chick-fil-A' bill passes Texas House
- Rabies Symptoms, Treatment: Skunks, Bats, Test Positive In Fort Worth, Texas
- Mozambique fights threat of cholera after cyclone
- The Immune Response
- Qui Tam Update: Recent Developments & Unsealed False Claims Act Cases
- Africa Update for September 3, 2015
- Mumps outbreak sickens 7 at Harris County Jail, officials say
- Lineup calls: Orton takes on Dallas
- Lineup calls: Can Grant be played?
- Alan Ruck’s journey from
- Lawyer who ranted against Spanish speakers faces complaint
- ‘New breed’ of terrorists in Northern Ireland, police say
HCM City to administer third Covid-19 vaccine shots from this weekend have 420 words, post on dtinews.vn at December 8, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.