HCM City (VNA) – Ho Chi Minh City plans to give additional and booster shots of COVID-19 vaccine to its locals from December 10, according to a document submitted by the municipal Health Department to the municipal People's Committee for approval.
Accordingly, additional COVID-19 shots will first go to the adults (from 18 years old) who have been fully inoculated with the last shot of the normal course at least 28 days and are immunocompromised . Priority will be given to those aged over 50.
Meanwhile, the city will administer the booster shots to people aged above 18 who are fully vaccinated or receive the additional shot at least six months. The priority will be given to people aged over 50, those suffering from underlying health issues, people who require long-term care at health facilities, and medical workers, especially those directly involved in collecting samples for COVID-19 testing and treating COVID-19 patients.
Vaccines used for additional and repeat injections are the vaccines approved by the Ministry of Health.
As of December 5, over 7.92 million people in Ho Chi Minh City had been vaccinated, with nearly 6.82 million of them receiving the full two jabs.
Meanwhile, Hanoi has to date administered nearly 6.2 million people, or 94.2 percent of the population aged 18 and above. Of the total, over 5.5 million people in the capital city have been inoculated fully./.
- Eyota voters approve Fire Hall expansion, nix city plan to buy former church
- Texas school had a shooting plan, armed officers and practice. And still 10 people died.
- 25 years ago: 232 wreckage finally leaves Sioux City
- City says Central Subway contractor laid down 3.2 miles of the wrong kind of track, prompting new delay
- A few days after Epic Systems roll-out, everything going as planned
- Srinagar district plan pegged at Rs. 149.54 cr, CM chairs DDB meet
- New Transit Chief’s Rapid Plan: Faster, Better, Cheaper
- Class of 2007-2008: Where are Hull City's Wembley heroes?
- Hull City news Live as we look at captain candidates for next season
- Rabat Scraps Guatemala City as ‘Twin City’
- The part Yaya Toure played in Man City's rise and what made him so special
- Oakland Athletics: A’s recall center fielder of the future Dustin Fowler, place Trevor Cahill on 10-day disabled list
- Trump claims vaccines and autism are linked but his own experts vehemently disagree
- Congo warns of 'new phase' in Ebola outbreak after case detected in city with 1m residents
- Ebola vaccine could be 'game-changer' in Congo
- Ebola outbreak: Health risk raised to 'very high' in Democratic Republic of Congo after case confirmed in major city
- How a Muslim community overcame disinformation linking vaccines to autism
- Hull mums-to-be can now get vaccine to stop deadly infection
- Plan ahead for overseas travel to deal with yellow fever vaccine shortages
- Congo city to begin Ebola vaccinations Monday
HCM City plans to administer third COVID-19 vaccine shot from Dec. 10 have 445 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.