The average floor area per person in the city is expected to reach around 27.6-29.5 square meters, taking the combined newly developed housing area to 20.44 million square meters and 25,000 social apartments.
The rapid urbanization rate is putting Hanoi under huge pressure to meet the growing demand for housing, for which new projects and residential areas worth VND437 trillion ($19.2 billion) are under construction and help improve the people's living standards.
|Developing housing projects remains a priority for Hanoi in the 2021-2025 period. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
Under program No.03 of the municipal Party Committee on urban economic development and renovation in the 2021-2025 period, the city is set to speed up urban development towards sustainability, smart, and green growth for greater climate resilience.
A key criterion in this program is to increase the average housing space per person in the city to around 27.6-29.5 square meters, taking the combined newly developed housing area to 20.44 million square meters and 25,000 social apartments.
To realize this goal, the Hanoi People's Committee has approved the city's housing development plan for the 2021-2025 period, which maps out solutions to realize new projects to meet the people's desire for settlement and create a quality living environment.
The investment capital for the plan is estimated at VND437 trillion ($19.2 billion), of which the state budget would allocate VND5.8 trillion ($255.3 million) for the construction of houses for resettlement, developing social housing, and the reparation of old apartments.
The city would also mobilize social resources for the development of commercial houses and other real estate projects. For areas subject to building social housing, the rate of apartments is set at 90%, and the remaining 10% for detached houses.
Nguyen Truc Anh, director of the Department of Planning and Architecture of Hanoi, noted ten years after the implementation of the city's construction planning until 2030, the average floor area per person at urban areas expanded by a modest of 1.2 square meters, lower than the expectation.
"Hanoi would consider revising the master plan to ensure greater efficiency in the housing development and improve the people's living standards," he told The Hanoi Times .
In this regard, the housing development would aim at addressing the high population density in the core districts of Hanoi and expand new satellite urban areas to accommodate people relocated from downtown.
Director of the Construction Department Vo Nguyen Phong added as part of the program, the city would push for the renovation and reconstruction of 10 old buildings in the 2021-2025 period, including Kim Lien, Trung Tu, Khuong Thuong, Thanh Xuan Bac, Thanh Xuan Nam, Nghia Tan, and four areas under the D level, the most dangerous of the four-scale level including Giang Vo, Thanh Cong, Ngoc Khanh and the office building of the Ministry of Justice.
"The approval process and detailed planning for these areas are set to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2022, and the construction will kick off in the second quarter of 2023," Phong told The Hanoi Times.
|According to the municipal Construction Department, Hanoi has completed six commercial housing projects during the first 10 months of 2021, equivalent to 351,924 square meters of floors, 2,456 detached houses, and 496 apartments; two social housing projects of 88,211 square meters of floors, 1,234 apartments; five resettlement housing projects or 105,760 square meters of floor, and 1,322 apartments.|
- Hanoi plans to build 44 million square meters of housing in 2021-2025
- HCM City to earmark $24.9 billion for housing development by 2025
- Gov’t approves 2021-2025 national target programme on sustainable poverty reduction
- Hanoi develops industrial parks for 2021-2025
- Hanoi allocates 1,200 hectares for 5 new industrial parks in 2021-2025
- Vietnam Airlines maps out restructuring plan for 2021-2025
- Vinh Phuc sets out plan for support industry development by 2025
- Binh Duong resolved to complete targets for 2021-2025
- App Store Paid Out Over $60 Billion to Developers in 2021, $260 Billion Since 2008, Says Apple
- Hanoi completes nearly 546,000 square meters of floor area in 2021
- Hanoi targets surge in export turnover in 2022
- Hanoi to establish 2-5 new industrial parks by 2025
- Hundreds of houses built for poor households in Son La’s border district
- Year-ender: Top 10 cultural events from 2021
- Hanoi requests to vacate six degraded condominiums
- Top 10 ICT events of 2021
- Vietnamese parliament agrees $6.5 billion for construction of North-South expressway
- Vietnam considers US$15 billion for economic recovery
- Top legislator highlights NA's performance in 2021, priorities for 2022
- Vietnamese parliament ratifies US$15.4-billion recovery package in 2022-2023
Hanoi to pour US$19.2-billion in housing development in 2021-2025 period have 718 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.