Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh chaired a meeting on December 5 with ministries, sectors, and relevant sides to discuss COVID-19 vaccine and drug development, production technology transfer, and import.
The Ministry of Health reported that Vietnam has received and is set to receive about 211 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines under purchase and assistance agreements by the end of 2021, including over 150 million doses already delivered by late December 3.
The country is transferring development technologies and testing several vaccines, including Nanocovax, COVIVAC, ARCT-154, HIPRA, Sputnik V, Shionogi, and others of Cuba and India.
At the same time, the research on COVID-19 drugs has been carried out since 2020, the ministry said, noting that six domestic factories have applied for licence to produce COVID-19 drugs with manufacturing capacity totaling at least 1 million doses per day. If permitted, they are able to meet the domestic demand for Molnupiravir for treatment.
Participants in the meeting looked into the vaccine demand and supply, the vaccination for each group, the demand for COVID-19 drugs and production capacity, related difficulties, and mechanisms for vaccine and drug import and production to serve the pandemic fight.
Prime Minister Chinh stressed that the vaccine strategy has proved fruitful, with 94 percent of the target group given at least one dose of vaccine and 69 percent the second dose.
Relevant agencies have to strive to have all people aged 18 and above fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 15.
He pointed out the need to make a roadmap for administering the third dose of vaccine, firstly to those aged 50 and above, priority groups, and others as requested by each locality. The vaccination for people aged 12 – 18 should also be accelerated.
Regarding COVID-19 drugs, the PM asked the Health Ministry to assist domestic producers and create the best possible conditions for the manufacturing for the sake of people's health./.
- NetScaler Request Switch 9400
- Centre likely to cap veterinary drug prices
- Edited Transcript of DHR earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 12:00pm GMT
- End the MMR vaccine ignorance: Myths and online scare stories have seen children's vaccinations plummet and infections soar, which is why the Mail is launching a campaign to encourage parents to inoculate
- Edited Transcript of PFPT earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 8:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of CJR.B.TO earnings conference call or presentation 18-Oct-19 12:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of EMN earnings conference call or presentation 25-Oct-19 12:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of DLX earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 8:30pm GMT
- ‘Peru Two’ drug mule Michaella McCollum, 25, is in talks with a production company to bring her story to the small screen with a Narcos-like TV show based on her book
- 'He died like a dog' Donald Trump addresses the nation and confirms that 'coward' ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by U.S. Special Forces and died 'whimpering and crying and screaming' after being cornered inside his Syrian lair and detonat
- ISIS 'already has a new leader' Abdullah Qardash, barely a day after former chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi 'died like a dog' in US strikes as former Saddam Hussein army officer takes terror group's reins
- REVEALED: Al-Baghdadi operation was named after US aid worker Kayla Mueller who was tortured by the ISIS leader - as her parents reveal they secretly met her captors in Iraq in a bid to recover her remains
- Edited Transcript of GILD earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 8:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of DGX earnings conference call or presentation 22-Oct-19 12:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of BMRN earnings conference call or presentation 23-Oct-19 8:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of BSX earnings conference call or presentation 23-Oct-19 12:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of CNC earnings conference call or presentation 22-Oct-19 12:30pm GMT
- Editorial: Repeal non-medical exemptions for measles vaccines
- Edited Transcript of WST earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 1:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of ALFAA.MX earnings conference call or presentation 18-Oct-19 5:00pm GMT
Gov’t leader requests accelerated COVID-19 vaccination, drug production have 641 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.