ĐẮK NÔNG — The Tây Nguyên (Central Highlands) province of Đắk Nông has been granted the Đắk Nông geographical indication for pepper.
It is the first time the province has received a geographical indication for an agricultural product.
The Đắk Nông geographical indication for pepper is for black, red and white pepper planted in the province.
The province's Department of Science and Technology is in charge of managing the geographical indication, which was granted by the National Office of Intellectual Property.
Đắk Nông has a high yield of pepper as its soil, rainfall and temperature are suitable, according to its Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Because of the bazan soil, the pepper has a higher mineral content than pepper grown in other provinces. The pepper is in high demand at home and abroad as many pepper growing areas are planted under clean and safety standards.
The province is currently developing intensive farming with organic standards.
The province's total pepper growing area increased from 550ha in 2002 to more than 60,000ha with an annual output of 60,000 tonnes, up 7,000ha against the province's target of pepper growing area set for 2030, according to the department.
The province has two high-tech pepper growing areas covering a total area of more than 1,500ha in Đắk Song District's Thuận Hà and Thuận Hạnh communes.
Speaking at a ceremony to receive the Đắk Nông geographical indication on Tuesday, Lê Trọng Yên, deputy chairman of the provincial People's Committee, said the province would create favourable conditions for processors and companies who use the geographical indication.
A total of 16 pepper producers in the province have been allocated the right to use the Đắk Nông geographical indication for their pepper. — VNS
- Bam’s Beginnings: From humble origins, Adebayo has grown into a star
- 2017 NFL Draft: Each Team’s Best Pick in Last 5 Years
- NFL Mock Draft: Week 17
- Mailbag: What schools will the expanding Big 12 add?
- Australia's Secret History as a White Utopia
- An NFL Memorial Day Medley
- International Series is Here, But China Still a World Away
- 2017 NFL Draft: Top 50 Prospects Halfway through Season
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Browns Skip QB in First Round
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Browns Land Two Potential Superstars
- Week 16 roundtable: Late-season standouts and fantasy title game tips
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Trades And Chaos Theory Edition
- How the West was won, and maybe lost
- NFL Mock Draft: Week 16
- NFL 2017: Early over/under win total predictions for all 32 teams
- Cowboys vs. 49ers: 5 Matchups to Watch for San Francisco
- The Latest: Rookies continue to lead Cowboys' impressive run
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Jets go quarterback
- 2017 NFL Power Rankings: First-wave OTAs edition
- Dan Mullen’s top 10 wins at Mississippi State
Đắk Nông receives geographical indication for locally grown pepper have 490 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.