|Coca-Cola – Making a difference for a greener Vietnam|
Present in Vietnam for 27 years now, Coca-Cola continues to pursue its vision to become the leading total beverage company in the country with a strong focus on sustainability and inclusive growth. The Coca-Cola Company's business and investment in the country have increased over the years, creating thousands of jobs for locals. In 2017, Coca-Cola Beverages Vietnam Ltd., the local bottling partner of Coca-Cola, made a significant investment in cutting-edge technology at four production lines in its Danang factory. Additionally, the factory has been continually upgrading smart manufacturing and environmentally friendly technology in line with international standards. Coca-Cola's total investment into warehouses and wastewater treatment at this factory only stands at around $5 million so far.
In addition to long-term business growth, Coca-Cola is also actively focused on its environmental, social, and governance commitments in Vietnam. In 2018, The Coca-Cola Company announced an industry-pioneering sustainable packaging goal to help collect and recycle the equivalent of every bottle or can it sells globally by 2030. The company is working hard to deliver on this commitment in Vietnam. As part of its vision of a "World Without Waste", the company is teaming up with non-governmental organisations (NGOs), civil society, recyclers, and other like-minded companies to create long-term and scalable sustainable packaging solutions promoting a circular economy model.
In May 2020, Coca-Cola Vietnam proudly introduced local consumers the first beverage bottle made from 100 per cent recycled plastic (Dasani 500ml). Recently, Coca-Cola Vietnam has transitioned its iconic Sprite bottles from green to clear PET plastic to make them easier to recycle and to accelerate local collection rates.
Consumers can now also find a prominent "Recycle Me" message on the package labels of Coca-Cola Vietnam's products to encourage recycling after thoroughly enjoying the drink. Together with industry partners, Coca-Cola has also helped to establish Packaging Recycling Organization (PRO) Vietnam, a voluntary alliance to accelerate progress towards a local circular economy. In addition, it supports an array of local community initiatives to raise broader awareness and action on recycling including ongoing partnerships with UNESCO Vietnam and Green Hub.
Coca-Cola remains unwavering in its support to local communities across the country. With support from The Coca-Cola Foundation, the global philanthropic arm of The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola has contributed more than $2.58 million to community development programmes in Vietnam between 2018 and 2021. This includes providing free and clean drinking water to local communities via 12 EKOCENTERs nationwide, setting up clean drinking water filtration systems in schools in Hanoi and Danang, as well as improving livelihoods for farmers through its community water programmes in the Mekong Delta.
In addition, Coca-Cola has carried out many programmes and activities to support Vietnam's COVID-19 response and recovery. Together with the Vietnam Red Cross Society, the American Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (AmCham), Women's Union, Tuoi Tre newspaper, and many other organisations, Coca-Cola has donated more than VND16 billion ($695,650), medical and hygiene supplies, more than 37,000 food and beverage packs, masks, and personal protection equipment for healthcare workers, frontliners, and vulnerable communities throughout Vietnam.
The company has been recognised with a variety of prestigious awards for its contributions for sustainable business and people development, by trustworthy organisations locally and regionally. For many years, the company has been a constant fixture on the list of Top 100 Sustainable Enterprises in Vietnam based on the Corporate Sustainability Index of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Coca-Cola Beverages Vietnam has also been honoured as an Employer of Choice in 2019, Best Company to Work for in Asia by HR Asia, and made it among the top 50 Vietnam Best Places to Work in 2020, and Leadership Team Excellence 2021 by Anphabe. These awards are powerful testimonies to the company's motivation to thrive by creating a better future for the people, communities and the planet.
By Truc Van
- Coca-Cola says it will drive obesity battle with calorie counts
- Coca-Cola reaches out to Chinese youth through fashion
- Coca Cola and Honest Tea — The Plot Thickens!
- Yoko Taro explains how a Coca Cola ad inspired Nier: Automata
- Coca-Cola, Nestlé, and PepsiCo are the world’s biggest plastic polluters—again
- Ant-Man takes on the Hulk in Coca-Cola's Super Bowl commercial
- Grave sculptures of Vietnam's Central Highlands
- 2018 – Successful year for Vietnam’s tourism industry
- Vietnam Wind Power 2019: solutions to mobilise capital for projects
- How the 2019 poll ad campaigns will be different
- Our mission at Novarick Homes and Properties is to develop greener, smarter communities — Noah Ibrahim
- Rajinikanth's birth number makes him a power house of success!
- Water woes, a threat to Modi's Make in India mission
- Mike Ashley makes surprise bid for Patisserie Valerie
- Career and Business Success- The Grass Is Not Greener
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 2
- To develop Vietnam's supporting industries
- Da Nang: A gem of central Vietnam
- Vietnam needs to create national social network to replace Facebook: Minister
- Homemade social media platform boom to inspire "Make in Vietnam" upbeat outlook
Coca-Cola - Making a difference for a greener Vietnam have 808 words, post on vir.com.vn at December 8, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.