The event was organized to share findings from a regional landscape analysis, which was undertaken by UNICEF East Asia and the Pacific, on disaster risk financing and shock responsive social protection in ASEAN, and to discuss ways to implement policy recommendations to strengthen financing mechanisms for resilience building and disaster response in Southeast Asia.
The workshop concluded that the financing requirement to deal with large-scale and smaller disasters as well as more regular shocks is the most pressing challenge in ASEAN.
In addition, delegates highlighted the compelling need to establish an efficient and pre-arranged disaster risk financing, public finance management and shock responsive social protection mechanisms. Also, they agreed that social protection, public finance management and risk analytics agendas are priorities for ASEAN.
Translated by Song Anh
- ASEAN nations discuss region's vulnerability to natural disasters
- ADB helps Asia tackle natural disasters
- Seminar debates financial solutions to natural disaster risks
- Experts discuss natural disaster mitigation
- Improving Vietnam resilience to natural disaster
- Workshop seeks to promote women’s engagement in natural disaster mitigation
- Phu Yen workshop shares natural disaster experiences
- PM: ASEAN progresses in fighting natural disasters
- ASEAN shares experience in setting up regional disaster response
- Asia, Europe join hands to mitigate natural disasters
- Natural disasters could cost VN 6.7 billion USD
- Women hold key role in reducing disaster risks
- Natural disasters could cost VN US$6.7 billion
- APEC financial policies in response to disasters discussed
- Discussing APEC financial policies in response to disasters - Social affair
- Businesses ill-prepared for natural disasters
- Save the Children finances natural disaster response project in Tien Giang
- ASEAN Leaders' Statement on Joint Response to Climate Change
- ASEAN FMs hold special meeting to help Myanmar overcome cyclone's consequences
- Nation alert for natural disasters
ASEAN, UNICEF hold workshop on financing responses to natural disasters have 265 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 5, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.