The drill was launched virtually on December 1. Attending the opening ceremony in Hanoi was Deputy Director of the Foreign Relations Department under the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense, Senior Colonel Pham Manh Thang.
Addressing the ceremony, Indonesian and Russian representatives thanked the participating countries for their support to the first ever joint naval drill, hoping that the activity would contribute to promoting understanding and trust as well as creating an opportunity to share experience and foster cooperation among ASEAN – Russia navies in response to emerging non-traditional security challenges in the region.
The event also shows the responsibility and achievements of Russia in the region and ASEAN-led mechanisms, while contributing to promoting ASEAN – Russia relations in the coming time.
The 14th ASEAN Defense Ministers’ Meeting (ADMM-14), held last December, 2020, approved Russia’s proposal to hold an ASEAN – Russia Naval Drill in 2021.
Therefore, as coordinator for the ASEAN – Russia dialogue relationship for the 2018-2021 period, Indonesia cooperated with Russia to co-host the ASEAN – Russia Naval Drill.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Interview: China-ASEAN ties reach new high with implementation of blueprint, says ambassador
- Eicher-Polaris Multix launched at Rs. 2.33 lakh
- Mitsubishi to concentrate on production in Japan, Russia and Southeast Asia following US plant closure
- Chery Alado launches locally assembled 2.4 liter Chery Eastar 7-seater MPV
- Ford Focus – ASEAN production begins in Thailand
- Renault-Nissan buys majority stake in Russia’s AvtoVAZ
- Malaysia, Indonesia to collaborate on ASEAN car project, Proton expected to be involved – Najib
- Chery sets up ASEAN assembly base in Malaysia
- Mother Russia Goes Green: Russian Billionaire Establishes Hybrid, EV Startup
- Peugeot to make Malaysia its right-hand drive production hub, 5 new models set for 2010 launch
- Mitsubishi Triton (L200) global sales pass 1.1 million mark, next-generation truck launching this year
- Honda Civic Type R launched in Indonesia – RM320k
- MG3 launched in Thailand with eco car price – Malaysia next stop for the Thai-assembled hatch
- Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, Outlander PHEV SUVs Set to Launch in U.S.
- Thailand-Malaysia cross-border train service launched
- Chevrolet Enjoy launched in India – Wuling-based
- Megane Renault Sport 250 Cup launched – RM230K!
- VW budget brand for China on track for 2018 launch
- Eicher Polaris Multix BS IV Odisha Launch Commences At Rs. 3.43 Lakhs
- Dongfeng, Peugeot and Citroen to share new platform
ASEAN - Russia joint naval drill launched have 350 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.