HCM City (VNA) – The Asian Development Bank (ADB) stands ready to provide comprehensive assistance for Ho Chi Minh City's economic recovery in the short term, as well as its economic development in both medium and long terms.
ADB Country Director for Vietnam Andrew Jeffries made the promise during his virtual meeting with Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Phan Van Mai on October 23.
ADB is also willing to coordinate with HCM City in the disbursement of capital for joint projects and provision of credit to help recover local businesses affected by COVID-19 through intermediate financial institutions or guaranteed bank loans, he said.
Jeffries expressed his belief that HCM City will soon overcome adverse impacts of the pandemic, and spoke highly of the economic development capacity of HCM City and Vietnam as well in the medium and long terms.
The next six months will be an important period when businesses, especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and investors should receive support to surpass difficulties caused by COVID-19, he said.
For his part, Mai applauded the bank's support to Vietnam in economic recovery and safe adaptation to the pandemic, highlighting the ADB-funded COVID-19 financial relief worth 5 million USD to support women-led SMEs, among others.
According to the official, the city has identified a phased economic recovery roadmap and drawn up 11 strategies to safely, flexibly adapt to and effectively control the COVID-19 pandemic.
The two sides agreed to improve the efficiency of cooperation in ongoing projects, and discuss new ones associated with economic recovery plans of HCM City and Vietnam./.
- HCM City urged to reduce GHG emissions from buildings
- If Disaster Strikes, Is Your Company Ready?
- WiFi Cities Get Intel Boost
- E-BUSINESS SPECIAL REPORT Linux (Finally) Ready for the Desktop
- Sector enhances ties with foreign partners to boost green growth
- IRLE's conference on "New Deal/No Deal?"
- INDUSTRY ANALYSIS Reforming Telecom To Create Jobs
- An Giang targets organic agriculture development
- Joining the Digital Ranks: Worldwide Computer Certification
- Hanoi strives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- The Perils of Nanotech, Part 2: Reining In Runaway Research
- Smart Appliances: Too Smart for Their Own Good?
- Opinion: Global Water Availability to 2050
- Here’s everything you need to know about the 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500
- PODCAST Integration, Rethought
- Starting From Scratch: Haemimont Games' postmortem
- PS4 Exclusive The Order: 1886 Gets a Bible Full of Intriguing Background Information and Pictures
- Why Canada is Becoming a Hub for A.I. Research
- A Convoy of Autonomous Trucks Just Platooned Across Europe
- GOVERNMENT IT REPORT Trade Agreements Push US IT Export Gains
ADB ready to support HCM City in economic recovery: Country Director have 450 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.