Since November 30, the central province has been vaccinating children aged 15-17 with the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine. However, over 120 of the children were admitted to hospitals after exhibiting symptoms like nausea, high fever or breathing difficulties, the provincial Center for Disease Control (CDC) said Thursday.
Of these, 17 had severe reactions, but their health has stabilized and they continue to be monitored at the hospital, the center said. The cause of their symptoms has yet to be confirmed by Thanh Hoa authorities.
Thanh Hoa CDC director Luong Ngoc Truong said the province has stopped using the current vaccine batch. “We still have other batches, also Pfizer vaccines, so we will continue vaccinating the children,” he said.
The suspended batch would be put into storage and could be used later for other groups like adults, Truong added.
Vu Van Chinh, director of the Ha Trung District General Hospital, said side-effects following vaccination was normal, but are more likely to happen in children than adults.
“Those who have reactions or faint need to be separated so no chain reaction occurs,” said Chinh.
The Thanh Hoa CDC has distributed around 117,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to 27 districts and towns. Over 56,700 doses have been administered.
Over the past week, three children have died following their vaccination with the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine in Bac Giang, Hanoi and Binh Phuoc. The cause of death has been determined as “overreaction to the vaccine.”
Last week, four workers in Thanh Hoa’s Kim Viet Shoe factory died following their Vero Cell Covid-19 vaccination, also due to “overreaction.”
- Seven more Pfizer vaccine batches with shelf life extended for 9 months
- Second lot of Pfizer vaccines for healthcare workers to arrive tomorrow
- US donates 4.4mln Pfizer vaccine doses to VN, Australia sends 1.1mln doses
- Bangkok Hospital Phuket offers expats vaccines including Pfizer
- Coronavirus digest: FDA panel recommends BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine for children
- Fifth student dies after receiving Pfizer vaccine shot in Vietnam
- Covid-19 Vaccine For Children: Which Countries Have Allowed Vaccines For All Age Groups
- Pfizer vaccine protecting against hospitalisation in South Africa Omicron wave: study
- Cabinet approves Thailand importing 30 million Pfizer vaccines
- US children hospitalized with COVID in near-record numbers
- Chicago Children's Hospitals Plan Clinics To Vaccinate Kids 12-15
- Omicron variant: Pfizer vaccine protects 70% against hospitalization, study finds
- WA's high-risk workers, vulnerable groups to receive 10,000 Pfizer vaccine doses: Premier
- U.S. children hospitalized with COVID in record numbers
- U.S. Children Hospitalized with COVID in Record Numbers
- COVID-19 cases: NYC sees 4-fold increase in children hospitalized
- Philippines approves Merck's Covid-19 pill for at-risk patients and Pfizer vaccine in children aged 5-11
- COVID-19 vaccine: Children under 12 begin receiving vaccines in some European countries
- Omicron Is Not More Severe for Children, Despite Rising Hospitalizations
- Uncle Bevan's community has among the lowest COVID vaccination rates in the nation — but supply isn't the biggest problem
120 children hospitalized, province suspends Pfizer vaccine batch have 449 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.