Where to stay
Many resorts and homestay facilities on Phu Quoc Island have resumed operations since early November but only a few of them are permitted to serve international tourists under a two-phase vaccine passport trial program that begins Nov. 20.
They include Vinpearl Discovery Coastalland Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Discovery Greenhill Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Resort Spa Phu Quoc, Vinholidays Fiesta Phu Quoc, Premier Residences Phu Quoc Emerald Bay, Movenpick Resort Waverly Phu Quoc, and Movenpick Villa and Residences Phu Quoc.
Other accommodation facilities would only serve domestic tourists, including foreigners living and working in Vietnam.
Among them are Pullman Phu Quoc Beach Resort in Duong To Commune. Located on the southwest of the island, it has 331 rooms, three restaurants and bars and a 2,000-meter infinity pool.
Rooms cost from VND2.3 million ($101.85) a night.
A five-star room inside Pullman Phu Quoc Beach Resort. Photo courtesy of the resort
Designed in the shape of a shell reaching out to the sea, Shell Resort & Spa Phu Quoc on Ganh Gio Beach in Ong Lang District has 40 rooms and 94 villas and offers diving, windsurfing, canoeing, jet skiing, and mountain climbing options.
It currently offers promotional rates starting at VND3.1 million for two nights.
Shell Resort & Spa Phu Quoc along Ganh Gio beach. Photo courtesy of the resort
Chill House by the beach on Tran Phu Street is a budget-friendly option. The homestay has 19 beach-view rooms and private swimming pools. Rooms cost VND450,000 to 1.1 million a night.
Sunset Beach Resort and Spa will resume operation from Nov. 19 while Bauhinia Resort & Spa and Ocean Bay Resort & Spa is scheduled to resume operations on Dec. 1-2.
Where to eat and drink
If you wish to get a true taste of Phu Quoc's culinary world, do not miss a noodle soup called “bun quay,” or stirred type of noodle, at the intersection of Tran Phu and Cach Mang Thang Tam, raw herring salad served with Phu Quoc fish sauce on Tran Hung Dao Street, and thick noodles with mackerel on Bach Dang Street.
A plate of raw herring salad served at a restaurant in Phu Quoc. Photo by VnExpress/Huynh Nhi
Several famous restaurants in Phu Quoc that you should note down include Com Bac 123 on April 30 Street, Hello on Tran Hung Dao Street, and Quoc Anh on Bach Dang Street.
Ocsen Beach Bar & Club in Duong To Commune is one of the most popular addresses on Phu Quoc Island, featuring wooden tables scattered along the beach, a fire dance show and live music program
Dragonfly Bistro & Bar on Sao Mai Hill allows guests to watch the sunset over Phu Quoc.
Some other familiar destinations like Sunset Beach Bar resumed operation on Nov. 13, with Shri Phu Quoc set to welcome back customers on Nov. 19.
How to travel to Phu Quoc
Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air and Bamboo Airways operate daily flights from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to Phu Quoc.
Passengers from high-risk or locked-down areas, HCMC and Can Tho need to furnish a negative coronavirus test, while those from elsewhere only need to satisfy one of three conditions: a negative test at least 72 hours prior, a certificate showing they were fully vaccinated between 14 days and 12 months prior or a certificate proving they recovered from Covid-19 no more than six months earlier.
Phu Quoc is scheduled to welcome a flight from South Korea’s Incheon International Airport at noon on Nov. 20, carrying 250 South Korean tourists to the island under the vaccine passport program, the first international tourists to the island after nearly two years. All tourists would be taken to Vinpearl Resort and Spa Phu Quoc on a three-day tour package.
- ‘Being shamed for eating a second slice of Christmas cake made my bulimia so bad I became suicidal’
- Mel B says eating disorders were ‘so normal’ in the Spice Girls she only noticed when her band members shrunk ‘dramatically’
- Prehistoric flesh-eating bugs are invading homes this Christmas
- How to stay healthy at work – even if your boss doesn’t provide free fruit
- How competitive eater Jesse Freeman stays ripped while eating monstrous meals
- ‘Britain’s worst paedo’ who blackmailed victims into eating dog food and sending sick pictures has sentenced slashed by seven years
- How blogger eats 8,000 calorie mega meals in MINUTES — but is still a size 10
- Wanted Daley Smith to 'stay on run until Christmas' after vote from his friends
- The end of emotional eating
- Here's why wanted man Daley Smith plans to stay on the run for a YEAR
- What’s it like to stay in Richard Branson’s favourite Balearic retreat?
- Staying in Branson’s bolthole
- Make sure your holiday leftovers are safe to eat
- Poll claims 'three quarters' of Brits take pictures of food before eating it
- Michelle Obama wants to save politics by staying out of them
- What to eat to stay on your feet: Jane McClenaghan's Christmas shopping survival guide
- Warning to 'stay at home' if you have this highly contagious bug
- Chinese workers made to drink urine, eat cockroaches
- We stayed a night in Coventry's much-maligned Britannia Hotel
- Where to sleep, eat and play in Quinta do Lago, Portugal
Where to stay, eat in Phu Quoc post lockdown have 842 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.