A group of successful Vietnamese female artists have teamed up to release a popular music video covering the song ‘Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)’ by ABBA.
|The group of female artists from Vietnam have released a cover of ‘Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight) by ABBA. — Photo courtesy of the group|
This special edition was arranged and mastered by famous composer Luu Ha An and performed by two vocalists, one flautist and three violinists who humorously called themselves ‘ABBA Fake’.
The artists are all respected musicians in their own right, having performed in hundreds of concerts worldwide.
Flautist Le Thu Huong has just completed her Doctor of Musical Arts Degree at the University of North Texas, US. She has achieved several awards, including the first prize in the American Protégé Music Competitions.
Violinist Nguyen My Huong is currently working and teaching at the Vietnam National Academy of Music. She graduated from the University of Music and Drama Art in Graz, Austria.
Violinist Nguyen Thu Binh graduated with an excellent Master’s Degree in Violin Performance from the Vietnam National Academy of Music. Fluently playing the violin and the viola, Binh was a member of the Asian Youth Orchestra.
Violinist Nguyen Dinh Huong is currently a member of the Hanoi Philharmonic Orchestra, the Voice of Vietnam Orchestra, and the Sun Symphony Orchestra.
Principal vocalist Le Phuong Hien was a former member of the well-known Hanoi-based Sao Mai band in the 90s. Currently, she is a music editor at the Radio Voice of Vietnam.
Vocalist Nguyen My Trang is Deputy Director of My Thanh Company, which is known as the producer of the famous “In the Spotlight” music show series in Vietnam.
According to the artists, they have grown up and matured in the music of ABBA, Beatles, Queen, and so on. They have been close friends for many years and learned by heart songs by ABBA. They do not only cover ABBA songs but also recreate their iconic fashion style.
"The year 2021 marks the return of ABBA. They have continuously inspired us with the intense vitality of the love for music and life. ABBA’s music has watered our souls during our teenage years, and we believe that the passions of youth and creative energy will be a fire that burns forever, despite all the challenges of the times. Therefore, we produced this music video as a support to our favourite band. At the same time, we also would love to spread the spirit of optimism, enthusiasm and love of music to friends and audiences," said vocalist My Trang.
|(From left) Flutist Le Thu Huong and violinists Thu Binh, My Huong and Dinh Huong. — Photo courtesy of the group|
The music video was elaborately shot in a gorgeous part of the University of Natural Sciences in Hanoi. This school was designed by the famous French architect Ernest Hébrard and was built nearly a century ago in 1927
The majority of the video was filmed in the Great Amphitheatre of the central building. It has a high arched structure, decorated with glass and metal in the Art Nouveau style, and pillars and domes with unique patterns. To get the best ‘frames’, the band’s members not only had to climb up to the highest point of the hall tower but also stand on the precarious props platforms close to the dome, challenging the ladies’ courage a great deal.
Source: Vietnam News
- ‘Gimme Shelter’ At 50: Altamont, Hells Angels & The “Dark Underbelly” Of The 1960s; Producer Porter Bibb Looks Back At Rolling Stones Doc On Anniversary – Q&A
- Womenswear a new normal among Vietnamese male celebs
- ‘Gimme Shelter’ at 50: How The Rolling Stones Got Conquered By America
- Book aims to revive traditional Vietnamese art form
- Watch Dave Grohl, Greg Kurstin Cover Beastie Boys’ ‘Sabotage’
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 3
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 1
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 7
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 6
- Songs to lift the human spirit
- Thang Long Imperial Citadel - the lost treasure
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Des O'Connor to Diego Maradona
- The 10 Best Reissues of 2020
- How Can A Tenured Professor Become A Homeless Ward Of The State In Just A Few Days?
- Miley Cyrus’ Glam Throwback ‘Plastic Hearts’ Is Her Most Self-Assured Record Yet
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 9
- 'Christmas Eve has always been a special occasion for our family': Kate Middleton's mother hints at Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis' 'sweet excitement' over Santa Claus visiting
- You thought Tinder was cringe – I felt like I needed a shower after talking to slimy guys on Facebook Dating
- This week in fashion
Vietnamese artists cover ABBA’s Gimme Gimme Gimme have 756 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.