State-run Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group, better known as VNPT, has debuted its Mobile Money service, allowing subscribers of its Vinaphone mobile network to perform a wide range of banking services and transactions.
The telecom giant launched the service on Thursday after securing approval from the State Bank of Vietnam.
With Mobile Money, designed to suit people from all walks of life in Vietnam, Vinaphone subscribers can use their subscriptions as a bank account for money top-ups, withdrawal, transfer, and service payment.
The service is integrated with advanced technologies in banking and telecommunications fields such as electronic know your customer (eKYC) — which involves the use of Internet or digital means of identity verification, artificial intelligence (AI), big data, machine learning, quick response (QR) code, and contactless payment solutions such as near-field communication (NFC) and sound waves.
With a diverse ecosystem of mobile, telecommunications, and Internet networks covering more than 30 million subscribers, 30,000 schools, more than 20,000 pharmacies, and over 7,000 medical facilities and hospitals, the service can fully meet people's payment, shopping, and utility bill settlement needs.
At Thursday's launch, Deputy Minister of Information and Communications Pham Duc Long expected that VNPT would find the most suitable and effective way to roll out Mobile Money nationwide, especially to disadvantaged groups such as the poor and people living in rural, remote areas.
Long recommended VNPT effectively run the service and ensure data security for customers, as contributions to promoting the development of a digital economy and society in Vietnam.
- Cryptocurrency warning: Fears of 'reckless behaviour' as PayPal launch UK crypto service
- Hanoi to launch mobile app on tax payment since September
- IR35: Ministry of Justice launches specialist advisory service following HMRC tax penalty
- HSBC warning as fraudsters launch new 'security service' scam
- Calls for cashless payments to take-off in Vietnam
- Vietnam ranks eighth in IPv6 adoption worldwide
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 3
- Sky Mobile joins U.K. 5G push, as Three challenges rivals on price
- Vietnam GDP set to expand by 4.8% in 2021: WB
- Apple Arcade Finally Delivers On Its Mobile Gaming Ambitions | Digital Trends
- OnePlus 6 India Launch Offer From Idea Gives Rs. 2,000 Cashback, Up to 370GB Additional Data
- HBO Max Takes First Step Towards a ‘Potential Future’ India Launch
- Bharti Airtel Plans to Raise Up to Rs. 21,000 Crores via Share Sale in Preparation for 5G Launch
- Microsoft Lumia 540 Dual SIM With 5-Inch Display Launched at Rs. 10,199
- Tecno Spark Go 2020 to Launch in India Tuesday, Flipkart Availability Confirmed
- Tecno’s Camon 16 Series to Be Launched on September 3: Specifications, Key Features
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 4
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 3
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 4
Vietnam's VNPT launches mobile money service for Vinaphone subscribers have 436 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.