In early November, e-commerce platform Tiki said it had raised a further $258 million from foreign investors, including AIA and Mirae Asset.
The country's e-commerce market is currently worth $13 billion a year, and would increase to $39 billion by 2025 when it would be in second place, a recent report by Google, Temasek and Bain & Co report titled 'e-Economy SEA 2021,' said.
Thailand will be third with a market of $35 billion.
Since the onset of Covid-19 early last year, Vietnam added eight million new digital consumers and Thailand, nine million.
But 29.3 percent of the Vietnamese population has yet to participate in the digital economy compared to only 10.1 percent in Thailand.
Google and Temasek predicted Vietnam's e-commerce to grow at 35 percent annually until 2025 period, the highest rate in the region.
Malaysian market research firm iPrice stated Vietnam is becoming one of the “stars” of Southeast Asia's e-commerce market.
- Vietnam urged to look beyond Asian markets for FDI amid Covid-19
- Foreign investors penetrate deep into Vietnam’s e-commerce market
- E-commerce: a fierce race
- Post-Auchan retail market expected to grow
- VN e-commerce and fintech firms successfully call for huge capital in 2019
- Vietnam’s e-commerce firms spend big money to fight foreign giants
- Consumer spending in Vietnam continues to outpace ASEAN peers
- Vietnam seeks stronger economic cooperation with UK, India
- SESJ-SSSA-NSN consortium signs EPC deal for Phuoc Ninh solar project
- World’s biggest coronavirus victim in equities is Southeast Asia
- Retail, e-commerce biggest marketers in Vietnam
- Big Tech's honeymoon with the world's second-largest internet market is ending
- JLL names five key trends of Vietnam property market 2020
- Development of retail space focuses on regions
- Vietnam’s fintech explosion: investment capital soars from 0% to 36% in SE Asia
- Foreign investors take M&A route into Vietnam
- ODA should be used to improve Vietnam’s financial sector: ADB expert
- Vietnam to raise South China Sea situation in security dialogue with India
- Are fintechs in Vietnam mostly e-wallets?
- What makes PropertyGuru Vietnam Property Awards stand out?
Vietnam projected to become region’s 2nd biggest e-commerce market have 317 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.