Releasing this information, the Health Ministry also said both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City have both fully covered more than 80 percent of their adult populations.
The southern province of Long An is the first locality that has completed the second jab for 100 percent of its adult population. It is followed in this regard by Khanh Hoa with a coverage of 96 percent.
The provinces and cities that have given the first jab for their entire 18 plus population are: Hanoi, HCMC, Dong Nai, Long An, Binh Duong, Bac Ninh, Quang Ninh, Lam Dong, Ba Ria Vung Tau, Da Nang, Vinh Long, Hau Giang and Khanh Hoa.
The eight Covid-19 vaccines Vietnam has been using are AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson, Vero Cell, Hayat-Vax, Abdala and SputnikV.
Vietnam started its Covid-19 vaccination campaign in March 2021 with the first doses of Astra Zeneca vaccine administered to frontline forces in Hanoi, HCMC and the northern province of Hai Duong, then a Covid hotspot.
Many localities speeded up the vaccination rollout since late August at the health ministry's urging.
At a Nov. 8 National Assembly session, Health Minister Nguyen Thanh Long said Vietnam has had contracts and agreements to secure around 200 Covid-19 vaccine doses, and 125 million of these have arrived.
This will ensure that the nation’s 18-year-old-plus population is fully vaccinated by the end of this year, he added.
Vietnam plans to begin giving Covid-19 booster shots either at the end of 2021 or early 2022, prioritizing elderly people and frontline workers.
It is one of the 20 countries in the world with the highest number of vaccination shots administered, ranking second in Southeast Asia after Indonesia.
The nation is also one of the three countries with the fastest injection rate in the region with more than 2 million doses on peak days.
At the Nov.10 National Assembly session, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam said that the northern region still lacked 23 million doses to administer the second dose for adults; the central region 5 million more doses; the Central Highlands 2.5 million doses; and southern region needs 4 million doses. The required vaccine doses are expected to become available this month, he said.
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh called for the vaccination campaign to be speeded up at a recent cabinet meeting, specifying that localities use all imported vaccine doses this month.
- Facebook Reaches New Milestone Of 100 Million Mobile App Users
- The Smoking Vaccine
- Norovirus vaccine reduces symptoms by half
- Anti-Vaccination Debate Continues After Baby Dies of Meningitis
- Instagram Hits 700 Million Users
- WhatsApp: A $19 Billion Bet For Facebook
- Every Parent Needs To Know These Medical Facts About Vaccines And Autism
- Dramatic fall in chickenpox cases thanks to vaccine, study finds
- Chickenpox Cases Drop Considerably Since Implementing Two Doses Of Vaccine, CDC Reports
- Spotting the vaccine-preventable diseases that are back in the waiting room
- CHALLENGE: $100,000 to the first person who can find a scientific study proving Thimerosal (mercury) is safe to inject into children
- Vaccine Facts You’re Not Supposed to Know
- Mainstream media pushing malaria vaccine while refusing to mention that wormwood herb has a 100% cure rate
- Vaccines: Unsafe and Unnecessary
- The vaccine hoax will never end
- The Amish, who don’t get vaccinated, rarely get autism, cancer, or heart disease – coincidence?
- The CDC’s Strange Case Of Poul Thorsen, MD, PhD, Vaccine Data Manipulator “Extraordinaire”
- 100 Ways to Live Forever
- Be Healthy: Live to Be 100
- Mercury in vaccines is just like the Tuskegee experiments all over again, warns African-American religious leader
Vietnam on verge of 100 million Covid-19 vaccine doses milestone have 557 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.