HÀ NỘI — The Vietnam News Agency (VNA) won a total of 20 prizes, including one special prize shared with two other agencies, four first, one second, seven third and seven consolation prizes, at the 7th National External Information Service Awards presentation ceremony in Hà Nội on Sunday night.
Việt Nam News got third prize for a series of articles on Việt Nam’s COVID-19 vaccination push: Researchers propose measures for a successful vaccination strategy ; Việt Nam pushes vaccination drive amid 'shocking inequity' in global distribution ; Ensuring global equitable access to vaccines is critical in containing the pandemic: UNICEF ; and Two-track pandemic: We might just not be in this together .
With these prizes, VNA became one of the units that have secured the most prizes in the National External Information Service Awards for a number of consecutive years.
Co-organised by the Party Central Committee's Commission for Information and Education and the Central Steering Committee for External Information Service, the event honoured 102 best entries, including one special, 10 first, 19 second, 29 third and 43 consolation prizes.
It also marked the 10th year of implementing the Politburo's Conclusion No.16-KL/TW on the external information development strategy for the 2011-20 period. Over the past decade, external information has made positive contributions to the country's information and education work as well as the Party and State's achievements in external affairs.
This year, the organising board received over 1,000 entries in 14 languages which were published as articles in print and online newspapers, websites licensed by competent agencies, radio and TV broadcast, press and landscape photos, and books.
Notably, foreign authors and press agencies, overseas Vietnamese and Vietnamese embassies abroad also sent works to the awards.
Speaking at the event, Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính described external information as an important part of the Party's external affairs, State and people-to-people diplomacy, and ideological affairs. Its core role is to bring Việt Nam to the world and the world closer to Việt Nam, he said.
The PM requested renewing the external information work by adopting advanced technologies to improve quality, thus ensuring correctness, timeliness, attractiveness, relevance and efficiency in multiple languages.
He presented certificates to a group of authors winning the special prize, including the Party Central Committee's Commission for External Relations, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the VNA and those participating in the external information work, for their work on introducing and popularising Party General Secretary Nguyễn Phú Trọng article entitled "Several theoretical and practical issues on socialism and the path towards socialism in Việt Nam" to political parties and international friends. — VNS
- Lincoln Military Housing Honored With 2018 National Apartment Association Excellence Award
- TCU opens fall camp today. Here are Frogs’ odds to win Big 12 and make CFB Playoff
- Making the Turn: McCalla garners LGA's Distinguished Service Award
- CARIBBEAT: Five decades ago, visionary Olympian Herb McKenley saw Jamaica winning big at Penn Relays
- Phoenix concert news: Jerry Seinfeld, Big Boi, Cool Kids, Dweezil Zappa, Brad Paisley
- Combating fake news may force big changes at Facebook, Twitter
- Donald Trump wins big with the military: Daily News analysis
- 2018 Government Innovation Award Winners Announced
- SWLA 2018 National Night Out events
- Trump says he believes in U.S. intel agencies
- MacB Wins Multiple-Award Blanket Purchase Agreement for FBI Intelligence Analysis
- ProServeIT Corporation Recognized as Finalist for Two 2018 Microsoft IMPACT Awards
- People are winning — and losing — big at this hot NC arcade trend. But is it legal?
- The Education Center names honorees for 2018 Kids' Best Friend Awards
- Chanticleer Holdings Award Winning Burgers Grilled Right Celebrates Ten Year Milestone
- Veterans Day: With numbers dwindling, should military or civilian service be required?
- MacB Wins $47M Contract for the Air Force Institute of Technology
- Denver Business Journal Taps NexusTek EVP, Kristen Noftsger with 2018 C-Suite Award
- Nails, skin service goes mobile with Glam on Wheels
- South Africa: Big Walk and National Recreation Day Online Registration Opens
Vietnam News Agency wins big at 7th National External Information Service Awards have 676 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.