In a meeting regarding importing and producing domestic Covid-19 vaccines and drugs, Chinh said vaccines play a decisive role in preventing the coronavirus, and that the development of vaccines and drugs would help boost Vietnam’s medical capabilities and bolster the country’s pharmaceutical sector.
It is the state and the Party’s stance that Vietnam must be able to produce domestic Covid-19 vaccines and drugs to stay active in the coronavirus fight and save money for the national budget, he said.
Products must remain safe, and there must be no place for corruption, group interests or unfair competition, he stressed.
The Ministry of Health would complete necessary mechanisms to boost production of domestic vaccines and drugs, added Chinh.
Vietnam has so far approved nine types of Covid-19 vaccines from various countries. It is also developing its own domestic vaccine candidates, including Nanocovax and Covivac.
The country is using several antiviral drugs for Covid-19 treatment like molnupiravir, remdesivir or favipiravir.
Vietnam has vaccinated 69.3 million people with at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot. A total 48.4 million people have received two shots.
- North Korean leader rides train on way to Vietnam ahead of Trump-Kim summit
- Russia registers its first domestically-produced 5-in-1 vaccine
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by The Boeing Company: Shifting sands — The final movement — Kim in Vietnam
- NKorea's Kim sets off for Vietnam
- State-run drug companies may be needed to mend ‘broken antibiotics market’
- US approves dengue vaccine Dengvaxia
- Health charities warn of ‘avoidable deaths’ if Brexit disrupts drug supplies
- Possible heart attack drug discovered by scientists
- Israel PM faces corruption charges
- Antibiotice Iasi posts 8 pct increase in sales revenues in 2018; exports account for 35 pct of total sales
- POLITICO Global Policy Lab: Good problems — Supply and demand — Living longer with cancer
- The battle to legalize cannabis in Spain
- It was pretty good for me: Joan Bakewell on the Sixties
- Analysis: Inside the heads of Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump at the Hanoi summit
- Pharmacists call for medicines reviews
- Can medicine be cured? CUH consultant on the corruption of a profession
- Brexit latest news: Theresa May secures 'legally binding' assurances on backstop after talks with Jean-Claude Juncker
- Brexit latest news: Theresa May and Jean-Claude Juncker agree to 'legally binding' assurances on Irish backstop
- Brexit latest news: Theresa May holds talks with Jean-Claude Juncker in last-ditch bid to save her deal
- FT Health: The struggle for women’s rights
Vietnam must produce own Covid vaccines, drugs: PM have 378 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.