According to the ministry’s report, 10,209 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 60 out of 63 localities in the country including HCM City (1.609), Binh Duong (686), Tay Ninh (632), Tien Giang (622), Dong Nai (563), Dong Thap (515), An Giang (510), Ba Ria – Vung Tau (423), Soc Trang (343), Binh Thuan (333), Bac Lieu (314), Vinh Long (314), Kien Giang (304), Ha Giang (235), Hanoi (202), Tra Vinh (194), Binh Phuoc (189), Ben Tre (184), Ca Mau (158), Khanh Hoa (135), Can Tho (130), Hau Giang (122), and Dak Lak (118). There were 14 imported patients confirmed today.
The new infections showed an increase of 370 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 5,454 infections found in the community.
As of Thursday evening, 1,060,394 infections had been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April. Some localities that have recorded the highest number of patients include HCM City (452,722), Binh Duong (246,007), Dong Nai (80,489), Long An (37,007), Tien Giang (23,099).
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 1,065,469. The country now stands 37th among 223 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On November 18, an additional 6,723 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 881,593.
On Thursday evening, a further 139 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 23,476. The deaths were reported in some localities including HCM City (42), An Giang (22), Kien Giang (16), Binh Duong (14), Dong Nai (7), Long An (6), Bac Lieu (5), Tien Giang (5), Nghe An (3), Tra Vinh (3), Tay Ninh (3), Vinh Long (3), Binh Thuan (2), Can Tho (2), Ben Tre (2), Soc Trang (2), Ninh Thuan (1), and Ba Ria – Vung Tau (1).
Vietnam on November 17 administered more than 1.46 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The country has so far conducted over 103.57 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 37.80 million people having received two doses.
- Vietnam flight to repatriate 120 Covid-19 infectees embarks for Equatorial Guinea
- Vietnam flight to repatriate 120 Covid-19 infectees leaves for Equatorial Guinea
- Coronavirus latest: Record daily rise in new COVID-19 cases
- COVID Cases Grow in Places Where Infection Had Nearly Disappeared
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia June 7
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 1
- Coronavirus: Number of global COVID-19 cases tops 16 million
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia June 2
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 21
- Second COVID-19 wave forces new travel curbs around the globe
- Global report: Covid-19 still accelerating, warns WHO, as restrictions return in Europe
- Asia Today: 723 cases in Australia, closures in Vietnam
- The Latest: Africa's cases surpass 800,000, rising in Kenya
- The Latest: Swimming pools and gyms reopen in England
- Is global second wave ALREADY upon us? Nearly 40 nations report record single-day rises in Covid cases as public lose faith in governments' handling of crisis
- Second wave of coronavirus in Asia prompts fresh lockdowns
- The Latest: Austria resort town grapples with virus outbreak
- Coronavirus latest: Mandatory airport tests for at-risk German returnees
- The Latest: Germany advises not to visit 3 Spanish regions
- Coronavirus latest: 'We have become negligent,' says disease agency chief
Vietnam confirms highest number of Covid-19 infections in two months have 490 words, post on dtinews.vn at November 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.