Themed "Contemporary challenges to democracy: Overcoming division and building communities," the event drew nearly 1,500 delegates from 123 member parliaments, eight affiliate members and 20 observers, including 39 heads and 27 deputy heads of parliaments.
In his opening remarks, King of Spain Felipe VI underscored the importance of parliaments, considering them a central institution of democracy.
President of the United Nations General Assembly Abdulla Shahid and U.N. Secretary General António Guterres also highlighted the significance of parliamentary diplomacy as well as parliaments' activities to realise the U.N.'s agreements. They affirmed commitment to further strengthening strategic partnership between the U.N. and the IPU.
The same day, the Vietnamese delegation met Vietnam's Honorary Consul in Barcelona Pau Guardans Cambo to discuss bilateral cooperation opportunities, especially in economy, culture, sports and tourism and others fields of the two countries' strength.
They also visited headquarters of the Spanish company HIPRA and learned about its progress of studying and experimenting COVID-19 vaccine which is expected to be licensed and put into use in the first quarter next year.
From November 27-30, the Vietnamese delegation plans to continue joining the U.N. General Assembly's activities and hold several bilateral meetings on the sidelines of the events.
- Trump won't attend United Nations General Assembly in person
- Vietnam attends 22nd ASEAN Chiefs of Army Multilateral Meeting
- Top legislator attends opening of National Great Unity Week
- Halal Science Center Chulalongkorn University attends SMIIC General Assembly,
- The Halal Science Center Chulalongkorn University attends SMIIC General Assembly,
- State leader attends opening ceremony of new school year at National University of Agriculture
- Vietnam confirms opening day of 31st SEA Games
- Vietnam attends 38th ASEAN Social Security Association Board Meeting
- Vietnam supports reform of UN Security Council
- Vietnam chairs online meeting of IPU’s ASEAN+3 group
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS NOVEMBER 14
- Vietnam State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc departs for visit to Switzerland, Russia
- Vietnam, IAEA boost nuclear cooperation for peaceful purposes
- Vietnam rejoins UNESCO Executive Board
- Vietnam Ambassador Nguyen Hong Thao reelected to ILC 2023-2027
- Vietnam opposes Filipino coast guard vessel shooting Vietnamese fishers to death
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS NOVEMBER 12
- Vietnam-Spain ties stand good chance to thrive further: Ambassador
- Ambassador lauds Vietnam - IAEA ties in peaceful application of nuclear technology
- Radio The Voice of Vietnam wins two awards at ABU Prizes 2021
Vietnam attends opening of 143 IPU General Assembly have 375 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.