Hanoi (VNA) – Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son , officials from the ministries of Public Security and Justice, and some researchers and practitioners of international law in Vietnam are attending the 59th meeting of the Asian – African Legal Consultative Organisation (AALCO) via videoconference.
The Vietnamese delegation delivered speeches which highlight international law, respect for the rule of law at the international level, and support for the peaceful settlement of international disputes.
They also shared the country's experience in handling external relations, as well as its viewpoints on the codification and progressive development of international law, according to the Foreign Ministry.
The AALCO, comprising 47 member states, is an international inter-governmental organisation established in 1956 in the Non-Aligned Movement of Asia and Africa. It aims to promote dialogue, exchange viewpoints, and enhance cooperation in many areas of international law.
Taking place from November 29 to December 1, this year's event in Hong Kong (China) focuses on such legal issues as activities of the International Law Commission and international law in cyberspace. It is set to elect the AALCO Secretary-General for the 2021 – 2025 tenure.
Vietnam officially became an AALCO member at this organisation's 56th meeting in Kenya in 2017 after serving as an observer for a period of time./.
- Joint statement on establishment of Vietnam-Australia strategic partnership
- New digital era for Vietnam's banks
- Vietnam, Laos enhance cooperation in culture, sports, tourism
- Vietnam, Kenya discuss ways to beef up ties
- CNN Heroes Legal Disclosures 2018
- CNN Heroes Legal Disclosures 2020
- ASL Law Legal superconductor for businesses
- Vietnam-China issues Joint Communique
- Asian sex workers in Sydney brothels hide their job from friends and family, survey finds
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DEC. 4
- A child left behind: SF student failed every class in high school
- Regional conference discusses anti-corruption in infrastructure projects
- E-government for 4.0 closer to reality
- The Long-Term Ownership Sea-facing Apartment Establishes New Standard
- Việt Nam pushes international medical co-operation
- Jaishankar: India open to talk terror with Pak in a 'civilised' manner
- Google's 'secret' smart city on Toronto's waterfront sparks row
- No hard feelings! Joe Biden says he would consider Kamala Harris for his running mate if he gets 2020 nomination and predicts she can STILL be president herself
- 'I'm not a billionaire. I can't fund my own campaign.' Kamala Harris drops out of 2020 presidential race with parting shot at Michael Bloomberg
- Offshore company directors' links to military and intelligence revealed
Vietnam attends 59th meeting of Asian - African Legal Consultative Organisation have 399 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.