The Vietnamese air carrier is planning to open new routes connecting Los Angeles to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
Vietnam Airlines, the fastest-growing carrier in Southeast Asia, begins its commercial nonstop flights to the US, marking a key development milestone of the Vietnamese flag carrier.
|The opening ceremony of regular nonstop service. Photos: Vietnam Airlines|
The first commercial nonstop flight, No.VN98, from Ho Chi Minh City to San Francisco, carried passengers on Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner and landed at San Francisco International Airport on November 29.
This historic flight signifies an important development of Vietnam's aviation and Vietnam Airlines as the country's first airline to conduct scheduled direct flights to the US.
Vietnam Airlines will conduct two flights per week from HCMC to San Francisco, using Boeing 787 and Airbus A350, the most modern wide-body airplanes.
The airline aims to increase the frequency to seven flights per week after the Covid-19 pandemic is under control and plans to open a new route to connect Hanoi and HCMC with Los Angeles, using Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 airplanes.
The move also recognizes the 20-year-effort of the national carrier since the establishment of its representative office in San Francisco to lay the foundation for the direct air route between the two countries.
During more than 25 years of the normalization of diplomatic ties between Vietnam and the US, trade turnover between the two countries has continuously grown.
Vietnam is the 10th largest trading partner of the US, while the US is the largest trading partner of Vietnam.
Trade turnover between the two countries is expected to reach the $100 billion mark for the first time in 2021, up 221 times against the number in 1995 when the two countries normalized relations.
The US is one of the world's leading hosts of overseas Vietnamese and Vietnamese students.
|The flight lands at San Francisco International Airport on November 29.|
|Vietnam’s passengers are welcomed to the US.|
- Vietnam Airlines to resume in-flight catering services
- Vietnam Airlines sells apricot and peach blossoms for Tet
- Vietnam Airlines flight from Japan faces security threat
- Unknown man calls Vietnam Airlines, threatens to shoot down plane heading to Hanoi from Japan
- ‘Turn back or it will be shot down’: Vietnam Airlines flight threatened
- Unknown man calls Vietnam Airlines, threatens to shoot down plane heading to Hà Nội from Japan
- Vietnam Airlines flight diverted over anonymous shooting threat
- Vietnam Airlines resumes regular flights with RoK
- Vietnam Airlines to open ticket sales for regular Australia flights
- Vietnamese airlines increase frequency of flights to and from Asian destinations
- Vietnam Airlines launches new e-commerce platforms
- Vietnam Airlines debuts ecommerce platforms
- Vietnam Airlines offers Tet plant transport services
- International airlines suspend some US flights over 5G issue
- Vietnam Airlines offers Tết plant transport services
- Vietnam to begin 6G technology research and development
- Vietnam Airlines debuts e-commerce platforms
- Vietnam, Japan coordinate to investigate flight shooting threat
- Foreign Airlines Begin Canceling Flights To U.S. Over 5G Interference Concerns; Data Companies Respond | The Daily Wire
- Airlines scrap or change flights to U.S. over 5G dispute, even though technology's rollout's been delayed near some airports
Vietnam Airlines begins commercial nonstop flights to the US have 501 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.