BERNA — Vietnamese Minister of Education and Training Nguyễn Kim Sơn and Switzerland's State Secretary for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) Martina Hirayama on November 26 discussed measures to improve the efficiency of educational cooperation between the two countries.
Their working session took place within the framework of President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc's official visit to Switzerland.
Sơn suggested strengthening collaboration between Vietnamese and Swiss universities, covering training programmes in such areas as tourism, insurance, banking and high-tech, along with innovation.
The two sides should step up the exchange of lecturers and students, and establish research groups that gather professors from Vietnamese and Swiss universities, he said.
The minister said during a meeting with President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc, Swiss President Guy Parmelin had suggested the five leading universities of Switzerland increase cooperation with Vietnamese universities.
Hirayama showed her support for the Vietnamese side's proposals, saying the two countries' state management agencies play a significant role in this regard.
On this occasion, Sơn expressed his hope that Switzerland will provide more scholarships for Vietnamese students, helping the Southeast Asian nation improve the quality of human resources.
Sơn invited the Swiss official to visit Việt Nam and work with the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training.
Hirayama accepted the invitation with pleasure, saying she hopes that the two sides will work together to promote the bilateral educational cooperation. —VNS
- CERN and ESA Sign Agreement for Future Cooperation on Research and Technology
- Can the international science community find the proper balance between cooperation and competition?
- BOOK REVIEW A Complete Education for the PC-to-Mac Defector
- Microsoft Eyes Buffer Zone in TV Airwaves for Rural Internet
- EXPERT ADVICE Think Before You Ban: A Handheld Is a Powerful Learning Tool
- CONFERENCE REPORT DoD Talks Up Plans to Deploy Cybercommandos
- Review: Evolve – Survival of the Fittest
- Do Companies Need Fed Cybersecurity Intervention?
- Quark Targeting Europe, Beefing Up Customer Relations
- Indonesia and U.S. Launch Deep-Sea Expedition
- Gamasutra's Best of 2014: Alex Wawro's Top 5 Games
- SPECIAL REPORT Claiming the Corner Office
- Can pen and paper survive in a world of touchscreens and tablets?
- Postmortem: E-Line Media and Upper One Games'
- Becoming a Security Guru Without Breaking the Law
- Analysis: The Business and Legal Issues Surrounding Game Team-Building
- Digital Extremes talks evolving Warframe's open worlds and coexisting with Destiny 2
- Dark Energy Camera Records First Light
- ONR researchers look to the future for defeating blindness
- US Losing Its IT Chops
Việt Nam, Switzerland eye stronger educational cooperation have 435 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.