HÀ NỘI — The Civil Aviation Authority of Việt Nam has agreed with the Health Ministry's proposal on suspending international flights to and from some African countries due to concerns over the Omicron variant.
The Health Ministry earlier asked the Government to halt flights to and from South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Eswatini, Lesotho, and Mozambique, as well as halting the issuing of visas for passengers coming from these countries.
However, many other countries have also seen cases of the new highly concerning variant, so there is still a big chance of the variant making its way into Việt Nam on other flights.
So far, Việt Nam's border remains largely closed, aside from occasional repatriation flights bringing Vietnamese overseas home, and a tentative tourism reopening pilot programme ongoing in five select destinations: Đà Nẵng City, Quảng Ninh, Quảng Nam, Khánh Hoà, and Kiên Giang provinces. All of these flights required the agreement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Defence, and Ministry of Public Security, according to the aviation authority.
Medical quarantine along with travel history declaration will be tightened on approved flights to prevent risks of Omicron spreading into the country.
As of today, Việt Nam has not recorded any COVID-19 cases of the Omicron variant. — VNS
- Viet Nam’s special musical instrument
- Vietnam officially receives Category 1 from US aviation authority
- Ukraine Ambassador’s message to Viet Nam
- Viet Nam approves GM corn varieties
- Viet Nam Flag Carrier to Open Direct Flight to US
- Viet Nam, South Africa aim for $3b in trade and investment
- Malaysia Air Asia Launches in Viet Nam
- President Sang met with Tanzanian President - Viet Nam - News
- No case of Ebola infection reported in Viet Nam so far
- Leader of world aviation group praises Viet Nam
- Viet Nam Gov't Gives Nod to First Private Airline
- Viet Nam, UAE boost co-operation
- VN Civil Aviation Authority considers applying floor price for domestic airfares
- PM Phuc held talks with Singapore PM Lee Hsien Loong - Viet Nam - News
- Indonesia keen on stronger Viet Nam ties
- Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Viet Nam boost civil aviation cooperation
- Vietnam - Cambodia determined to complete border demarcation - Viet Nam - News
- Vietnam-US economic cooperation - Viet Nam - News
- US, Viet Nam Reach Cargo Open Skies Accord
- Promoting Vietnam-Russia trade and economic cooperation - Viet Nam - News
Việt Nam's aviation authority agrees to halt flights from African countries over Omicron have 418 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.