Hanoi (VNA) – The US is planning to host an in-person summit between US President Joe Biden and leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) member countries in Washington in January 2022.
ASEAN sources have said that the US has proposed holding the summit in the third week of January and is discussing the date with ASEAN members.
Ahead of the summit, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken is scheduled to visit some of the ASEAN countries, including Indonesia and Thailand, in December.
The summit would be the first face-to-face meeting between Biden and ASEAN leaders since he took office in January this year.
During the virtual ASEAN-US summit held in late October, President Biden said that the US will provide 102 million USD to support ASEAN's efforts in coping with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and other issues./.
- Vietnam welcomes proposal to elevate ASEAN-China relationship
- Covid: Hope for in-person National Eisteddfod in 2022
- Việt Nam assumes role as coordinator for ASEAN-RoK relations
- Vietnam serves as coordinator for ASEAN-RoK relations
- Digital tax reform proposals affecting self-employed going ‘full speed ahead’
- IRS Announces 2022 Health Savings Account Limits As HSA Assets Soar
- How Big Will The Social Security Cost-Of-Living Adjustment Be For 2022
- Commentary: The ups and downs of ASEAN’s dealings with Myanmar
- ASEAN, Russia hold Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- Efforts should be invested to control Covid-19 in ASEAN: Vietnam PM
- East Asia Summit promotes comprehensive recovery
- Cambodia becomes coordinator for ASEAN-Russia Dialogue Relations
- Thailand considers ASEAN and Canada "like-minded partners"
- ASEAN summit to address Myanmar's post-coup crisis
- Vietnam welcomes development of ASEAN-Australia relations
- Russia, India pledge support for smooth supply chain in ASEAN
- $10.5 mln earmarked from ASEAN COVID-19 response fund should be used to buy vaccines quickly: minister
- 10.5 mln USD earmarked from ASEAN COVID-19 response fund should be used to buy vaccines quickly: minister
- Brunei envoy mulled as ASEAN special envoy to Myanmar
- Vietnam welcomes development of ASEAN-Australia ties
US proposes in-person summit with ASEAN in January 2022 have 316 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.