I have a good education, a steady job and great friends. I’m not too bad in the looks department, and am willing to learn and own up to my mistakes. No one thought I am single.
I would have no problem finding a guy and settling down, people say.
I used to think I would get married at 27 to someone who is a bit smarter, earns a bit more than me and loves me. I do not need a husband who graduated from some Ivy League school, is at the top of the corporate ladder or belongs to an elite family.
I know where I stand, and just want as a partner someone within my reach, or maybe just a bit better, enough for me to lean on.
But life does not always go the way we plan. I have dated some people and liked them, but they did not feel the same way.
So I kept looking.
Not until I reached 25 did I start to meet people who had genuine feelings for me and want to have a serious relationship. But they were all very successful and ambitious men, much more than I expected for their age.
We eventually parted ways simply because we lived different lives and wanted different things.
I am by myself even now. I know how to seek out opportunities, and I have realistic expectations: not everyone who uses dating apps is bad, not everyone you are introduced to is good, and not everyone who says they are looking for a wife is actually ready for marriage. But I also know that when a relationship fails part of the fault is mine. But I don’t stress much about it. No one is perfect.
I and so many young women out there who are approaching an age society describes as “prime for marriage” are in search of happiness like everyone else.
We are not damsels in distress waiting for knights in shining armor to come and rescue us. We are not even picky, not necessarily. That’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
Sometimes love does not find us in our own time, and I am beginning to accept that now.
For many of you out there, marriage with the love of your life could come by the time you are 27 or 29, but not always.
For people like me, maybe we will find someone who loves us most in our 30s. I just want everyone to know not to give up on looking for your love story, no matter how long it takes.
There is nothing wrong with who you are. Besides, what is wrong with late marriages? Don’t give up, and things will come when they should.
- 30 Years of Notre Dame on NBC: Syracuse and snowballs, a 2008 comedy with a long-term payoff
- EXCLUSIVE: 'She seems very happy': CBB star Frankie Grande hints that popstar sister Ariana is smitten with new boyfriend Mac Miller
- Chilling moment police swooped on schizophrenic Albanian woman, 30, in park after she slashed throat of Emily Jones, 7, as she tells them she has an 'ID, knife, water and juice' in her bag
- The actress who DID successfully join the Royal Family: Peep Show's Sophie Winkleman claims she's not had a 'single negative experience' since marrying Lord Frederick Windsor after Meghan Markle struggled to adjust
- 'My heart aches to hug you one more time': Linda Nolan marks her late sister Bernie's 60th birthday... amid her and sibling Anne's own cancer battles
- Face of Emily Jones's killer: First photo of schizophrenic Albanian woman, 30, who slashed throat of innocent seven-year-old girl in horrific random attack
- Rita Ora 'breaks lockdown rules by partying all night with 30 pals at a restaurant for her 30th birthday bash'
- 'Parker Jax would ask that you save his amazing aunty!' Mario Falcone urges I'm A Celeb viewers to vote for his sister Giovanna Fletcher with sweet snaps of his son, two
- Spectacular mansion where Salim Mehajer's sister got married in extravagant ceremony complete with a fleet of supercars and 20 drummers sells for $7.2million
- A Brother Makes A Michael Cinco-Inspired Blue Fairytale Gown For His Sister And It Is So Spectacular
- ‘Sister Act 3’ Officially Set For Disney+; Whoopi Goldberg Returning, Tyler Perry Producing
- Two women who discovered they were sisters on Facebook while searching for their long-lost father have been reunited with him after 24 YEARS after he spotted their social media appeal
- Single mum on housing list for 12 years says stress of moving caused miscarriage
- Kajal Aggarwal’s sister Nisha shares real and reel versions of actor’s wedding pics. See here
- Sister Wives’ Meri Brown says she’s having ‘so much fun’ promoting bed-and-breakfast as family struggles with money
- Amanda Holden and her lookalike daughters get in the festive spirit in the music video for her new single Home For Christmas
- Two sisters turned gangsters who ran multi-million pound drugs ring from their 'Beauty Booth' business are jailed alongside 15 others
- TOWIE's Chloe Sims puts on a busty display in a plunging black top and a faux-fur coat as she joins her stylish sisters Frankie and Demi on a night out
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Capital One - Tensions rise with Trump, Barr
- Britney Spears drops her catchy never-before-released single Swimming In The Stars on her 39th birthday
To my single sisters in their 30s: We are not leftovers have 864 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.